Dungeon Siege film confirmed
The studio responsible for the House of the Dead cinematic interpretation, Boll KG, yesterday confirmed that it has signed a deal to bring Microsoft / Gas Powered Games' excellent RPG Dungeon Siege to the big screen. Executive producer and director Dr. Uwe Boll, predicted filming would begin in 2004, and that the studio would have a budget in the $50 million region to play with.
Interactive Film Sales International will handle the foreign rights sales for the production, and in the meantime Boll's House of the Dead is screening across North America thanks to Artisan Entertainment, for those of you who are interested.
"Dungeon Siege transcends the video game genre and appeals to mainstream entertainment audiences," commented Boll. "Based on the success of House of the Dead, I believe Dungeon Siege contains major crossover potential because of its unique blend of action and fantasy, on the order of Lord of the Rings." A tad hopeful with that finally allusion I think, Dr Boll.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III