Fallout: New Vegas for 2010
Speaking at a press event in London this afternoon, Bethesda's Peter Hines has confirmed that a new entry in the Fallout cannon is on the way, in the shape of Fallout: New Vegas, to be created by Obsidian Entertainment.
Obsidian are of course one of the original Fallout developers, and they apparently jumped at the chance to work on the series at Bethesda's invitation.
New Vegas will continue the style of gameplay present in Fallout 3, but won't be an official 'Fallout 4'. The game is out next year on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
It is expected that the game might make use of the Fallout 3 engine, and could well serve as a stop-gap between Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 - taking the action off to a new setting, far away from the ravages of Washington DC. More on this as we get it.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light