Fallout: New Vegas for 2010
Speaking at a press event in London this afternoon, Bethesda's Peter Hines has confirmed that a new entry in the Fallout cannon is on the way, in the shape of Fallout: New Vegas, to be created by Obsidian Entertainment.
Obsidian are of course one of the original Fallout developers, and they apparently jumped at the chance to work on the series at Bethesda's invitation.
New Vegas will continue the style of gameplay present in Fallout 3, but won't be an official 'Fallout 4'. The game is out next year on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
It is expected that the game might make use of the Fallout 3 engine, and could well serve as a stop-gap between Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 - taking the action off to a new setting, far away from the ravages of Washington DC. More on this as we get it.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone