Fallout: New Vegas for 2010
Speaking at a press event in London this afternoon, Bethesda's Peter Hines has confirmed that a new entry in the Fallout cannon is on the way, in the shape of Fallout: New Vegas, to be created by Obsidian Entertainment.
Obsidian are of course one of the original Fallout developers, and they apparently jumped at the chance to work on the series at Bethesda's invitation.
New Vegas will continue the style of gameplay present in Fallout 3, but won't be an official 'Fallout 4'. The game is out next year on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
It is expected that the game might make use of the Fallout 3 engine, and could well serve as a stop-gap between Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 - taking the action off to a new setting, far away from the ravages of Washington DC. More on this as we get it.
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement
- New fighters and gameply features come in with EA Sports UFC's second free update
- NHL 15 demo faces off on PS4 and Xbox One
- Chair bringing the Infinity Blade saga to a close next week
- Watchmen and Dexter actors provide the voices for The Evil Within
- Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
- Antitrust issues caused Google to back out of buying Twitch
- Metro Redux launch trailer arrives as the collection launches in North America