Fallout: New Vegas for 2010
Speaking at a press event in London this afternoon, Bethesda's Peter Hines has confirmed that a new entry in the Fallout cannon is on the way, in the shape of Fallout: New Vegas, to be created by Obsidian Entertainment.
Obsidian are of course one of the original Fallout developers, and they apparently jumped at the chance to work on the series at Bethesda's invitation.
New Vegas will continue the style of gameplay present in Fallout 3, but won't be an official 'Fallout 4'. The game is out next year on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
It is expected that the game might make use of the Fallout 3 engine, and could well serve as a stop-gap between Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 - taking the action off to a new setting, far away from the ravages of Washington DC. More on this as we get it.
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition