Cloud gaming set to boom - 2K
2K Games president Christoph Hartmann has been speaking this week about the bright future of 'cloud-based' gaming services, the exec telling us that such services do have a role in the business's future.
Speaking to GI.biz at MI6 he said: "What we think the future will be is the market will shift to more server-based games - similar to the movie business where most people just rent instead of view films in the cinema."
"We're looking into that. But given that we're a boutique powerhouse and really only focus on one thing at a time, we're not going to do it like other big people and place five bets. We're going to pick the right opportunity and go after it. The whole market is shifting online and it's the direction that we want to take."
OnLive and Gaikai have both been in the press recently; the first publicly announced cloud gaming services.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny