Cloud gaming set to boom - 2K
2K Games president Christoph Hartmann has been speaking this week about the bright future of 'cloud-based' gaming services, the exec telling us that such services do have a role in the business's future.
Speaking to GI.biz at MI6 he said: "What we think the future will be is the market will shift to more server-based games - similar to the movie business where most people just rent instead of view films in the cinema."
"We're looking into that. But given that we're a boutique powerhouse and really only focus on one thing at a time, we're not going to do it like other big people and place five bets. We're going to pick the right opportunity and go after it. The whole market is shifting online and it's the direction that we want to take."
OnLive and Gaikai have both been in the press recently; the first publicly announced cloud gaming services.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto