Handheld makers scared of iPhone - Hawkins
Trip Hawkins, founder of EA and now boss of mobile developer Digital Chocolate, has told VentureBeat that Nintendo and Sony are running scared from the iPhone.
He revealed that Apple's device is "by far our most effective platform", adding that the future is uncertain for mainstream handheld makers Sony and Nintendo as a result.
"We make as much money with these games on one device as we do putting a game on 100 different cell phone platforms. Between the iPod Touch and the iPhone, I think the platform is freaking out Sony and Nintendo," Hawkins enthused.
"Apple has sold 30 million units so far and it has created tremendous awareness. It has taken ground all over the world. But it has only penetrated one half of one percent of its total market."
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015