Handheld makers scared of iPhone - Hawkins
Trip Hawkins, founder of EA and now boss of mobile developer Digital Chocolate, has told VentureBeat that Nintendo and Sony are running scared from the iPhone.
He revealed that Apple's device is "by far our most effective platform", adding that the future is uncertain for mainstream handheld makers Sony and Nintendo as a result.
"We make as much money with these games on one device as we do putting a game on 100 different cell phone platforms. Between the iPod Touch and the iPhone, I think the platform is freaking out Sony and Nintendo," Hawkins enthused.
"Apple has sold 30 million units so far and it has created tremendous awareness. It has taken ground all over the world. But it has only penetrated one half of one percent of its total market."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey