Handheld makers scared of iPhone - Hawkins
Trip Hawkins, founder of EA and now boss of mobile developer Digital Chocolate, has told VentureBeat that Nintendo and Sony are running scared from the iPhone.
He revealed that Apple's device is "by far our most effective platform", adding that the future is uncertain for mainstream handheld makers Sony and Nintendo as a result.
"We make as much money with these games on one device as we do putting a game on 100 different cell phone platforms. Between the iPod Touch and the iPhone, I think the platform is freaking out Sony and Nintendo," Hawkins enthused.
"Apple has sold 30 million units so far and it has created tremendous awareness. It has taken ground all over the world. But it has only penetrated one half of one percent of its total market."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date