Crash Bandicoot is top iPhone game
The App Store version of Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D is the apparently the most-downloaded paid-for app in iPhone / iPod Touch history.
Apple announced the game's success while celebrating the one-billionth App Store download.
The store has been a resounding success since launch, particularly on the iPhone, while Activision's racer is one of the most expensive apps, costing 5.99 USD.
Sega's Super Monkey Ball, another hit with Apple users, is the only other app to boast a 5.99 USD price point. More iPhone news soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3