Doom 4 is no sequel or reboot - Hollenshead
id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead has been chatting this week about Doom 4, assuring that while Doom 3 was something of a reboot for the series, Doom 4 is not. Nor, indeed, is it a typical sequel it transpires.
"It's a little bit different than those, and if I told you why, I would get my ass kicked when I got back. So I'll just have to leave it at that," Hollenshead teased GameSpot.
This will still be a 'classic' Doom game, we're assured, although the new FPS is very much in development still - the CEO is quick to tell us.
"Everything I've seen on it is classic Doom, so I don't really have worries that people aren't going to like it and start talking about it," the big boss concludes.
id Software will apparently be showing off some new goodies at this year's E3 show, with new projects as well as known titles set to take centre stage.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year