Doom 4 is no sequel or reboot - Hollenshead
id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead has been chatting this week about Doom 4, assuring that while Doom 3 was something of a reboot for the series, Doom 4 is not. Nor, indeed, is it a typical sequel it transpires.
"It's a little bit different than those, and if I told you why, I would get my ass kicked when I got back. So I'll just have to leave it at that," Hollenshead teased GameSpot.
This will still be a 'classic' Doom game, we're assured, although the new FPS is very much in development still - the CEO is quick to tell us.
"Everything I've seen on it is classic Doom, so I don't really have worries that people aren't going to like it and start talking about it," the big boss concludes.
id Software will apparently be showing off some new goodies at this year's E3 show, with new projects as well as known titles set to take centre stage.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold