Doom 4 is no sequel or reboot - Hollenshead
id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead has been chatting this week about Doom 4, assuring that while Doom 3 was something of a reboot for the series, Doom 4 is not. Nor, indeed, is it a typical sequel it transpires.
"It's a little bit different than those, and if I told you why, I would get my ass kicked when I got back. So I'll just have to leave it at that," Hollenshead teased GameSpot.
This will still be a 'classic' Doom game, we're assured, although the new FPS is very much in development still - the CEO is quick to tell us.
"Everything I've seen on it is classic Doom, so I don't really have worries that people aren't going to like it and start talking about it," the big boss concludes.
id Software will apparently be showing off some new goodies at this year's E3 show, with new projects as well as known titles set to take centre stage.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III