Doom 4 is no sequel or reboot - Hollenshead
id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead has been chatting this week about Doom 4, assuring that while Doom 3 was something of a reboot for the series, Doom 4 is not. Nor, indeed, is it a typical sequel it transpires.
"It's a little bit different than those, and if I told you why, I would get my ass kicked when I got back. So I'll just have to leave it at that," Hollenshead teased GameSpot.
This will still be a 'classic' Doom game, we're assured, although the new FPS is very much in development still - the CEO is quick to tell us.
"Everything I've seen on it is classic Doom, so I don't really have worries that people aren't going to like it and start talking about it," the big boss concludes.
id Software will apparently be showing off some new goodies at this year's E3 show, with new projects as well as known titles set to take centre stage.
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date