Doom 4 is no sequel or reboot - Hollenshead
id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead has been chatting this week about Doom 4, assuring that while Doom 3 was something of a reboot for the series, Doom 4 is not. Nor, indeed, is it a typical sequel it transpires.
"It's a little bit different than those, and if I told you why, I would get my ass kicked when I got back. So I'll just have to leave it at that," Hollenshead teased GameSpot.
This will still be a 'classic' Doom game, we're assured, although the new FPS is very much in development still - the CEO is quick to tell us.
"Everything I've seen on it is classic Doom, so I don't really have worries that people aren't going to like it and start talking about it," the big boss concludes.
id Software will apparently be showing off some new goodies at this year's E3 show, with new projects as well as known titles set to take centre stage.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users