Chinatown Wars posts disappointing sales
'M' rated games on the DS handheld are a risk, says EEDAR's Jesse Divnich, noting that Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars only managed sales of about 200,000 units in the US last month.
The analyst says that top ratings and famous brands don't seem to be enough to drive sales on Nintendo's format, telling us that this game is "an important benchmark for the industry, as it will be the best-performing mature rated title on the Nintendo DS to date coupled with one of the strongest mature-rated game brands."
Indeed, Divnich says that the "industry may have been over zealous with initial expectations on how GTA: Chinatown Wars would perform based upon the news it had received one of the highest quality scores for a Nintendo DS title."
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan