Chinatown Wars posts disappointing sales
'M' rated games on the DS handheld are a risk, says EEDAR's Jesse Divnich, noting that Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars only managed sales of about 200,000 units in the US last month.
The analyst says that top ratings and famous brands don't seem to be enough to drive sales on Nintendo's format, telling us that this game is "an important benchmark for the industry, as it will be the best-performing mature rated title on the Nintendo DS to date coupled with one of the strongest mature-rated game brands."
Indeed, Divnich says that the "industry may have been over zealous with initial expectations on how GTA: Chinatown Wars would perform based upon the news it had received one of the highest quality scores for a Nintendo DS title."
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer