Chinatown Wars posts disappointing sales
'M' rated games on the DS handheld are a risk, says EEDAR's Jesse Divnich, noting that Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars only managed sales of about 200,000 units in the US last month.
The analyst says that top ratings and famous brands don't seem to be enough to drive sales on Nintendo's format, telling us that this game is "an important benchmark for the industry, as it will be the best-performing mature rated title on the Nintendo DS to date coupled with one of the strongest mature-rated game brands."
Indeed, Divnich says that the "industry may have been over zealous with initial expectations on how GTA: Chinatown Wars would perform based upon the news it had received one of the highest quality scores for a Nintendo DS title."
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter