New Will Wright projects soon
Will Wright, creator of The Sims, announced his departure from EA yesterday - the veteran designer jumping ship to found entertainment "think tank" Stupid Fun Club.
The new group will be partly backed by EA, and Wright says he'll begin talking about new projects he's working on in the coming months.
"It's going to depend on how things develop from here," Wright said on the prospect of any announcements, "but we've got several projects in the works right now and it's just not clear when they'll be announced. That's my best guess yet."
News remains a "few months away" then, but it seems as if more Spore-style open-world simulation type projects could be in the offing. We're told to expect a seamless transition from work at Maxis to new Stupid Fun Club undertakings. How exciting.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date