New Will Wright projects soon
Will Wright, creator of The Sims, announced his departure from EA yesterday - the veteran designer jumping ship to found entertainment "think tank" Stupid Fun Club.
The new group will be partly backed by EA, and Wright says he'll begin talking about new projects he's working on in the coming months.
"It's going to depend on how things develop from here," Wright said on the prospect of any announcements, "but we've got several projects in the works right now and it's just not clear when they'll be announced. That's my best guess yet."
News remains a "few months away" then, but it seems as if more Spore-style open-world simulation type projects could be in the offing. We're told to expect a seamless transition from work at Maxis to new Stupid Fun Club undertakings. How exciting.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO