New Will Wright projects soon
Will Wright, creator of The Sims, announced his departure from EA yesterday - the veteran designer jumping ship to found entertainment "think tank" Stupid Fun Club.
The new group will be partly backed by EA, and Wright says he'll begin talking about new projects he's working on in the coming months.
"It's going to depend on how things develop from here," Wright said on the prospect of any announcements, "but we've got several projects in the works right now and it's just not clear when they'll be announced. That's my best guess yet."
News remains a "few months away" then, but it seems as if more Spore-style open-world simulation type projects could be in the offing. We're told to expect a seamless transition from work at Maxis to new Stupid Fun Club undertakings. How exciting.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan