New Will Wright projects soon
Will Wright, creator of The Sims, announced his departure from EA yesterday - the veteran designer jumping ship to found entertainment "think tank" Stupid Fun Club.
The new group will be partly backed by EA, and Wright says he'll begin talking about new projects he's working on in the coming months.
"It's going to depend on how things develop from here," Wright said on the prospect of any announcements, "but we've got several projects in the works right now and it's just not clear when they'll be announced. That's my best guess yet."
News remains a "few months away" then, but it seems as if more Spore-style open-world simulation type projects could be in the offing. We're told to expect a seamless transition from work at Maxis to new Stupid Fun Club undertakings. How exciting.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer