New Will Wright projects soon
Will Wright, creator of The Sims, announced his departure from EA yesterday - the veteran designer jumping ship to found entertainment "think tank" Stupid Fun Club.
The new group will be partly backed by EA, and Wright says he'll begin talking about new projects he's working on in the coming months.
"It's going to depend on how things develop from here," Wright said on the prospect of any announcements, "but we've got several projects in the works right now and it's just not clear when they'll be announced. That's my best guess yet."
News remains a "few months away" then, but it seems as if more Spore-style open-world simulation type projects could be in the offing. We're told to expect a seamless transition from work at Maxis to new Stupid Fun Club undertakings. How exciting.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine