EA grabbing Worms license?
THQ Wireless are on the back foot as financial woes persist at the US publisher, word reaching us this morning from CVG suggesting that EA may be on the brink of landing the rights to popular Worms IP.
The deal seemingly only covers mobile platforms for the time being, Mobile Entertainment reporting that a deal for the franchise with EA is at an advanced stage.
THQ have of course been making Worms games on mobile platforms for years, but with 75 per cent of the THQ Wireless team now redundant, there is apparently no studio left working on a new mobile title.
We've no official word from either publisher on this, or indeed what it could mean for the Worms IP as a whole. Tough times for THQ, regardless.
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider