EA grabbing Worms license?
THQ Wireless are on the back foot as financial woes persist at the US publisher, word reaching us this morning from CVG suggesting that EA may be on the brink of landing the rights to popular Worms IP.
The deal seemingly only covers mobile platforms for the time being, Mobile Entertainment reporting that a deal for the franchise with EA is at an advanced stage.
THQ have of course been making Worms games on mobile platforms for years, but with 75 per cent of the THQ Wireless team now redundant, there is apparently no studio left working on a new mobile title.
We've no official word from either publisher on this, or indeed what it could mean for the Worms IP as a whole. Tough times for THQ, regardless.
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims
- Capcom using Unreal Engine 4 for Street Fighter V
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar