EA grabbing Worms license?
THQ Wireless are on the back foot as financial woes persist at the US publisher, word reaching us this morning from CVG suggesting that EA may be on the brink of landing the rights to popular Worms IP.
The deal seemingly only covers mobile platforms for the time being, Mobile Entertainment reporting that a deal for the franchise with EA is at an advanced stage.
THQ have of course been making Worms games on mobile platforms for years, but with 75 per cent of the THQ Wireless team now redundant, there is apparently no studio left working on a new mobile title.
We've no official word from either publisher on this, or indeed what it could mean for the Worms IP as a whole. Tough times for THQ, regardless.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing