EA grabbing Worms license?
THQ Wireless are on the back foot as financial woes persist at the US publisher, word reaching us this morning from CVG suggesting that EA may be on the brink of landing the rights to popular Worms IP.
The deal seemingly only covers mobile platforms for the time being, Mobile Entertainment reporting that a deal for the franchise with EA is at an advanced stage.
THQ have of course been making Worms games on mobile platforms for years, but with 75 per cent of the THQ Wireless team now redundant, there is apparently no studio left working on a new mobile title.
We've no official word from either publisher on this, or indeed what it could mean for the Worms IP as a whole. Tough times for THQ, regardless.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One