EA grabbing Worms license?
THQ Wireless are on the back foot as financial woes persist at the US publisher, word reaching us this morning from CVG suggesting that EA may be on the brink of landing the rights to popular Worms IP.
The deal seemingly only covers mobile platforms for the time being, Mobile Entertainment reporting that a deal for the franchise with EA is at an advanced stage.
THQ have of course been making Worms games on mobile platforms for years, but with 75 per cent of the THQ Wireless team now redundant, there is apparently no studio left working on a new mobile title.
We've no official word from either publisher on this, or indeed what it could mean for the Worms IP as a whole. Tough times for THQ, regardless.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title