Mortal Kombat team eye future beyond Midway
Chit-chat emerging over the weekend suggests that the development team behind the Mortal Kombat series may be preparing themselves for a future outside of present owners Midway.
According to Kotaku, the 50 strong team want to leave the company owing to unpaid bonuses from the release of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.
Certain future projects have reportedly been put on hold, while senior staffers have become 'frustrated' with Midway's bankruptcy.
The publisher has previously hinted that the Mortal Kombat IP could be up for grabs; the company desperately trying to secure a cash injection in a bid to stay afloat. More soon.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes