Mortal Kombat team eye future beyond Midway
Chit-chat emerging over the weekend suggests that the development team behind the Mortal Kombat series may be preparing themselves for a future outside of present owners Midway.
According to Kotaku, the 50 strong team want to leave the company owing to unpaid bonuses from the release of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.
Certain future projects have reportedly been put on hold, while senior staffers have become 'frustrated' with Midway's bankruptcy.
The publisher has previously hinted that the Mortal Kombat IP could be up for grabs; the company desperately trying to secure a cash injection in a bid to stay afloat. More soon.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release