Mortal Kombat team eye future beyond Midway
Chit-chat emerging over the weekend suggests that the development team behind the Mortal Kombat series may be preparing themselves for a future outside of present owners Midway.
According to Kotaku, the 50 strong team want to leave the company owing to unpaid bonuses from the release of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.
Certain future projects have reportedly been put on hold, while senior staffers have become 'frustrated' with Midway's bankruptcy.
The publisher has previously hinted that the Mortal Kombat IP could be up for grabs; the company desperately trying to secure a cash injection in a bid to stay afloat. More soon.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year