Mortal Kombat team eye future beyond Midway
Chit-chat emerging over the weekend suggests that the development team behind the Mortal Kombat series may be preparing themselves for a future outside of present owners Midway.
According to Kotaku, the 50 strong team want to leave the company owing to unpaid bonuses from the release of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.
Certain future projects have reportedly been put on hold, while senior staffers have become 'frustrated' with Midway's bankruptcy.
The publisher has previously hinted that the Mortal Kombat IP could be up for grabs; the company desperately trying to secure a cash injection in a bid to stay afloat. More soon.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year