Mortal Kombat team eye future beyond Midway
Chit-chat emerging over the weekend suggests that the development team behind the Mortal Kombat series may be preparing themselves for a future outside of present owners Midway.
According to Kotaku, the 50 strong team want to leave the company owing to unpaid bonuses from the release of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.
Certain future projects have reportedly been put on hold, while senior staffers have become 'frustrated' with Midway's bankruptcy.
The publisher has previously hinted that the Mortal Kombat IP could be up for grabs; the company desperately trying to secure a cash injection in a bid to stay afloat. More soon.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO