Fable set to go online?
Fable could be set to become an MMO title, if Peter Molyneux's latest hints about a prospective online future are to be taken on face value.
"Whatever happens in the future of Fable, I don't want you to think you know exactly what features are going to be in there," the veteran designer told Eurogamer, speaking at GDC last week.
"Don't think about this as an RPG franchise - think about it as the world of Albion.
"There's a niche for Fable as there's humour in there and there's a Britishness and I think we'll keep that side of it. But whether it's more action or RPG or MMO or some new genre - that's what we have to do."
Fable Online would make sense in many ways - Microsoft having in the past spoken of their desire to get MMOs on the Xbox 360. We've also heard whisperings that the platform holder have finalised their MMO business model, too.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May