Fable set to go online?
Fable could be set to become an MMO title, if Peter Molyneux's latest hints about a prospective online future are to be taken on face value.
"Whatever happens in the future of Fable, I don't want you to think you know exactly what features are going to be in there," the veteran designer told Eurogamer, speaking at GDC last week.
"Don't think about this as an RPG franchise - think about it as the world of Albion.
"There's a niche for Fable as there's humour in there and there's a Britishness and I think we'll keep that side of it. But whether it's more action or RPG or MMO or some new genre - that's what we have to do."
Fable Online would make sense in many ways - Microsoft having in the past spoken of their desire to get MMOs on the Xbox 360. We've also heard whisperings that the platform holder have finalised their MMO business model, too.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3