Fable set to go online?
Fable could be set to become an MMO title, if Peter Molyneux's latest hints about a prospective online future are to be taken on face value.
"Whatever happens in the future of Fable, I don't want you to think you know exactly what features are going to be in there," the veteran designer told Eurogamer, speaking at GDC last week.
"Don't think about this as an RPG franchise - think about it as the world of Albion.
"There's a niche for Fable as there's humour in there and there's a Britishness and I think we'll keep that side of it. But whether it's more action or RPG or MMO or some new genre - that's what we have to do."
Fable Online would make sense in many ways - Microsoft having in the past spoken of their desire to get MMOs on the Xbox 360. We've also heard whisperings that the platform holder have finalised their MMO business model, too.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny