Fable set to go online?
Fable could be set to become an MMO title, if Peter Molyneux's latest hints about a prospective online future are to be taken on face value.
"Whatever happens in the future of Fable, I don't want you to think you know exactly what features are going to be in there," the veteran designer told Eurogamer, speaking at GDC last week.
"Don't think about this as an RPG franchise - think about it as the world of Albion.
"There's a niche for Fable as there's humour in there and there's a Britishness and I think we'll keep that side of it. But whether it's more action or RPG or MMO or some new genre - that's what we have to do."
Fable Online would make sense in many ways - Microsoft having in the past spoken of their desire to get MMOs on the Xbox 360. We've also heard whisperings that the platform holder have finalised their MMO business model, too.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3