Fable set to go online?
Fable could be set to become an MMO title, if Peter Molyneux's latest hints about a prospective online future are to be taken on face value.
"Whatever happens in the future of Fable, I don't want you to think you know exactly what features are going to be in there," the veteran designer told Eurogamer, speaking at GDC last week.
"Don't think about this as an RPG franchise - think about it as the world of Albion.
"There's a niche for Fable as there's humour in there and there's a Britishness and I think we'll keep that side of it. But whether it's more action or RPG or MMO or some new genre - that's what we have to do."
Fable Online would make sense in many ways - Microsoft having in the past spoken of their desire to get MMOs on the Xbox 360. We've also heard whisperings that the platform holder have finalised their MMO business model, too.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year