Mic dog control was axed from Fable II
Fable II was originally going to include DS-style microphone input, Lionhead boss Peter Molyneux has told MTV - the developer previously planning to let players control their canine side kick via mic.
Apparently, Lionhead eventually opted to kill the feature because it was too much like a gimmick, rather than a genuine enhancement to the gameplay.
"We did test it out," Molyneux reveals. "Whistling to the dog with the microphone was one of the features that we dropped."
The veteran Lionhead boss last week discussed a range of his firm's prototype ideas at GDC, urging game makers to be bold and creative in their thinking, even if at first things don't work out. Presumably the omitted dog whistle is an example of this.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III