New Katamari game progressing without Takahashi
A brand new Katamari Damacy game is on the way from Namco Bandai, the latest version of the roll 'em up set to be called Katamari Damacy Tribute; set for release on the PS3.
However, despite this being the PlayStation 3's first shot at Namco's seminal series, we're told that series creator Keita Takahashi is not involved in the game's development.
Indeed, the designer has in the past spoken out against repeated iterations of the Katamari theme, the game maker instead preferring to move on to pastures new.
Still, this new Tribute version looks rather good; watch this space for more rolly-polly puzzling soon.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title