Blizzard dismiss "Xbox 720" chatter
During GDC last week, it was claimed that Blizzard might be involved with Microsoft in discussions regarding the specifics of the next Xbox games system - something the developer has this week denied outright.
Blizzard man Rob Pardo was credited with saying his firm were in talks with Microsoft over "Xbox 720", although it seems he may have been misquoted somewhat.
"In the Lunch with Luminaries discussion, Rob said that Microsoft occasionally bounces ideas off of us, with no specific reference to any possible future consoles," a representative told Gamespot.
"This should come as no surprise, as our games run on Microsoft's PC operating system. We aren't in discussions with Microsoft regarding any future consoles."
So, there we have it, Xbox 720 is firmly off the table again.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter