Blizzard dismiss "Xbox 720" chatter
During GDC last week, it was claimed that Blizzard might be involved with Microsoft in discussions regarding the specifics of the next Xbox games system - something the developer has this week denied outright.
Blizzard man Rob Pardo was credited with saying his firm were in talks with Microsoft over "Xbox 720", although it seems he may have been misquoted somewhat.
"In the Lunch with Luminaries discussion, Rob said that Microsoft occasionally bounces ideas off of us, with no specific reference to any possible future consoles," a representative told Gamespot.
"This should come as no surprise, as our games run on Microsoft's PC operating system. We aren't in discussions with Microsoft regarding any future consoles."
So, there we have it, Xbox 720 is firmly off the table again.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side