Blizzard dismiss "Xbox 720" chatter
During GDC last week, it was claimed that Blizzard might be involved with Microsoft in discussions regarding the specifics of the next Xbox games system - something the developer has this week denied outright.
Blizzard man Rob Pardo was credited with saying his firm were in talks with Microsoft over "Xbox 720", although it seems he may have been misquoted somewhat.
"In the Lunch with Luminaries discussion, Rob said that Microsoft occasionally bounces ideas off of us, with no specific reference to any possible future consoles," a representative told Gamespot.
"This should come as no surprise, as our games run on Microsoft's PC operating system. We aren't in discussions with Microsoft regarding any future consoles."
So, there we have it, Xbox 720 is firmly off the table again.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network