Blizzard dismiss "Xbox 720" chatter
During GDC last week, it was claimed that Blizzard might be involved with Microsoft in discussions regarding the specifics of the next Xbox games system - something the developer has this week denied outright.
Blizzard man Rob Pardo was credited with saying his firm were in talks with Microsoft over "Xbox 720", although it seems he may have been misquoted somewhat.
"In the Lunch with Luminaries discussion, Rob said that Microsoft occasionally bounces ideas off of us, with no specific reference to any possible future consoles," a representative told Gamespot.
"This should come as no surprise, as our games run on Microsoft's PC operating system. We aren't in discussions with Microsoft regarding any future consoles."
So, there we have it, Xbox 720 is firmly off the table again.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree