Blizzard dismiss "Xbox 720" chatter
During GDC last week, it was claimed that Blizzard might be involved with Microsoft in discussions regarding the specifics of the next Xbox games system - something the developer has this week denied outright.
Blizzard man Rob Pardo was credited with saying his firm were in talks with Microsoft over "Xbox 720", although it seems he may have been misquoted somewhat.
"In the Lunch with Luminaries discussion, Rob said that Microsoft occasionally bounces ideas off of us, with no specific reference to any possible future consoles," a representative told Gamespot.
"This should come as no surprise, as our games run on Microsoft's PC operating system. We aren't in discussions with Microsoft regarding any future consoles."
So, there we have it, Xbox 720 is firmly off the table again.
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back
- GOG adds DRM-free movies to it's catalogue