Sony push for PSN exclusives
Sony are keen to get exclusive new downloadable games on the PlayStation Network, and have told developers that they will pick up the tab to ensure they never lose money releasing games on the platform.
"It's all very well for us as platform holders to say 'put all your money into PlayStation Network, it's a fantastic idea', but are we prepared to put or money where our mouth is? The answer is yes,' Chris Eden, Sony's development relations manager told GDC, according to GI.biz.
"We're looking for a number of great games, and in return for exclusivity we'll match your development budget with guaranteed royalties."
More from Sony on PSN soon.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III