Sony push for PSN exclusives
Sony are keen to get exclusive new downloadable games on the PlayStation Network, and have told developers that they will pick up the tab to ensure they never lose money releasing games on the platform.
"It's all very well for us as platform holders to say 'put all your money into PlayStation Network, it's a fantastic idea', but are we prepared to put or money where our mouth is? The answer is yes,' Chris Eden, Sony's development relations manager told GDC, according to GI.biz.
"We're looking for a number of great games, and in return for exclusivity we'll match your development budget with guaranteed royalties."
More from Sony on PSN soon.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft