Sony push for PSN exclusives
Sony are keen to get exclusive new downloadable games on the PlayStation Network, and have told developers that they will pick up the tab to ensure they never lose money releasing games on the platform.
"It's all very well for us as platform holders to say 'put all your money into PlayStation Network, it's a fantastic idea', but are we prepared to put or money where our mouth is? The answer is yes,' Chris Eden, Sony's development relations manager told GDC, according to GI.biz.
"We're looking for a number of great games, and in return for exclusivity we'll match your development budget with guaranteed royalties."
More from Sony on PSN soon.
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3
- Dontnod's episodic mystery Life Is Strange gets are release date
- Storm Island DLC arrives for Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One