Sony push for PSN exclusives
Sony are keen to get exclusive new downloadable games on the PlayStation Network, and have told developers that they will pick up the tab to ensure they never lose money releasing games on the platform.
"It's all very well for us as platform holders to say 'put all your money into PlayStation Network, it's a fantastic idea', but are we prepared to put or money where our mouth is? The answer is yes,' Chris Eden, Sony's development relations manager told GDC, according to GI.biz.
"We're looking for a number of great games, and in return for exclusivity we'll match your development budget with guaranteed royalties."
More from Sony on PSN soon.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer