Sony reveal "virtual reality game" Xi
Coinciding with the GDC expo currently kicking off in San Francisco, Sony have today confirmed a new game that is set to take place within their Home social networking world.
Called Xi, Sony promise "the world's first console-based Alternate Reality Game".
The new experience, one of Sony's largest initiatives in Home to date, offers up secret areas of the world, and access is free to anyone with a PS3.
"The adventure takes place in a series of secret areas in Home - and beyond - changing day by day, week by week, in real time," the 'game' is accessible now, and Sony will be hoping tit can lend Home a little more relevance perhaps.
"To discover the mystery of Xi, simply log on to PlayStation Home and look for the graffiti on the wall in the main square. Find that, and all will be revealed..."
Have fun, folks.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet