Sony reveal "virtual reality game" Xi
Coinciding with the GDC expo currently kicking off in San Francisco, Sony have today confirmed a new game that is set to take place within their Home social networking world.
Called Xi, Sony promise "the world's first console-based Alternate Reality Game".
The new experience, one of Sony's largest initiatives in Home to date, offers up secret areas of the world, and access is free to anyone with a PS3.
"The adventure takes place in a series of secret areas in Home - and beyond - changing day by day, week by week, in real time," the 'game' is accessible now, and Sony will be hoping tit can lend Home a little more relevance perhaps.
"To discover the mystery of Xi, simply log on to PlayStation Home and look for the graffiti on the wall in the main square. Find that, and all will be revealed..."
Have fun, folks.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3