Sony reveal "virtual reality game" Xi
Coinciding with the GDC expo currently kicking off in San Francisco, Sony have today confirmed a new game that is set to take place within their Home social networking world.
Called Xi, Sony promise "the world's first console-based Alternate Reality Game".
The new experience, one of Sony's largest initiatives in Home to date, offers up secret areas of the world, and access is free to anyone with a PS3.
"The adventure takes place in a series of secret areas in Home - and beyond - changing day by day, week by week, in real time," the 'game' is accessible now, and Sony will be hoping tit can lend Home a little more relevance perhaps.
"To discover the mystery of Xi, simply log on to PlayStation Home and look for the graffiti on the wall in the main square. Find that, and all will be revealed..."
Have fun, folks.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today