Diesel pushed for Riddick multiplayer
Actor Vin Diesel has revealed that Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena was originally a singleplayer only experience, before the game's star "begged" for a multiplayer mode to be added.
Speaking to G4, Diesel reveals Assault on Dark Athena was well into development before the multiplayer angle was considered, Big Vin putting his foot down to ensure the mode was added.
The original Chronicles of Riddick title was of course singleplayer only, so the move into competitive multiplayer must have been something of a leap for Starbreeze and Atari.
The new action title will roll into town on April 24th.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year