Diesel pushed for Riddick multiplayer
Actor Vin Diesel has revealed that Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena was originally a singleplayer only experience, before the game's star "begged" for a multiplayer mode to be added.
Speaking to G4, Diesel reveals Assault on Dark Athena was well into development before the multiplayer angle was considered, Big Vin putting his foot down to ensure the mode was added.
The original Chronicles of Riddick title was of course singleplayer only, so the move into competitive multiplayer must have been something of a leap for Starbreeze and Atari.
The new action title will roll into town on April 24th.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like