Diesel pushed for Riddick multiplayer
Actor Vin Diesel has revealed that Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena was originally a singleplayer only experience, before the game's star "begged" for a multiplayer mode to be added.
Speaking to G4, Diesel reveals Assault on Dark Athena was well into development before the multiplayer angle was considered, Big Vin putting his foot down to ensure the mode was added.
The original Chronicles of Riddick title was of course singleplayer only, so the move into competitive multiplayer must have been something of a leap for Starbreeze and Atari.
The new action title will roll into town on April 24th.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive