BioWare say no to Mass Effect 2 on PS3
The original Mass Effect was an Xbox 360 exclusive, only the PC also getting BioWare's RPG some time later - and it appears the sequel will be a similar story.
Despite BioWare now being owned by multi-platform giant EA, the game developer assures that the second space-based outing won't be heading to Sony's PS3 console once again.
"We're going to surpass the extraordinary gaming experience we brought our fans in Mass Effect by delivering intensified combat and expanded weapon options as well as increased depth of planet exploration, all while delivering a powerful, emotionally engaging story," enthuses boss-man Ray Muzyka on the new project.
"Mass Effect 2 is shaping up to be an unforgettable RPG-shooter experience, taking players on a non-stop roller-coaster ride filled with stunning plot twists and no-holds-barred action."
The game is the second part of a planned trilogy, with the Human race now facing up to even greater challenges of epic, operatic proportions.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone