BioWare say no to Mass Effect 2 on PS3
The original Mass Effect was an Xbox 360 exclusive, only the PC also getting BioWare's RPG some time later - and it appears the sequel will be a similar story.
Despite BioWare now being owned by multi-platform giant EA, the game developer assures that the second space-based outing won't be heading to Sony's PS3 console once again.
"We're going to surpass the extraordinary gaming experience we brought our fans in Mass Effect by delivering intensified combat and expanded weapon options as well as increased depth of planet exploration, all while delivering a powerful, emotionally engaging story," enthuses boss-man Ray Muzyka on the new project.
"Mass Effect 2 is shaping up to be an unforgettable RPG-shooter experience, taking players on a non-stop roller-coaster ride filled with stunning plot twists and no-holds-barred action."
The game is the second part of a planned trilogy, with the Human race now facing up to even greater challenges of epic, operatic proportions.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon