BioWare say no to Mass Effect 2 on PS3
The original Mass Effect was an Xbox 360 exclusive, only the PC also getting BioWare's RPG some time later - and it appears the sequel will be a similar story.
Despite BioWare now being owned by multi-platform giant EA, the game developer assures that the second space-based outing won't be heading to Sony's PS3 console once again.
"We're going to surpass the extraordinary gaming experience we brought our fans in Mass Effect by delivering intensified combat and expanded weapon options as well as increased depth of planet exploration, all while delivering a powerful, emotionally engaging story," enthuses boss-man Ray Muzyka on the new project.
"Mass Effect 2 is shaping up to be an unforgettable RPG-shooter experience, taking players on a non-stop roller-coaster ride filled with stunning plot twists and no-holds-barred action."
The game is the second part of a planned trilogy, with the Human race now facing up to even greater challenges of epic, operatic proportions.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today