BioWare say no to Mass Effect 2 on PS3
The original Mass Effect was an Xbox 360 exclusive, only the PC also getting BioWare's RPG some time later - and it appears the sequel will be a similar story.
Despite BioWare now being owned by multi-platform giant EA, the game developer assures that the second space-based outing won't be heading to Sony's PS3 console once again.
"We're going to surpass the extraordinary gaming experience we brought our fans in Mass Effect by delivering intensified combat and expanded weapon options as well as increased depth of planet exploration, all while delivering a powerful, emotionally engaging story," enthuses boss-man Ray Muzyka on the new project.
"Mass Effect 2 is shaping up to be an unforgettable RPG-shooter experience, taking players on a non-stop roller-coaster ride filled with stunning plot twists and no-holds-barred action."
The game is the second part of a planned trilogy, with the Human race now facing up to even greater challenges of epic, operatic proportions.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer