New Zombie title Backlight on the way
Action developer Zombie have today lifted the lid on a new shooter that looks like it draws its inspiration from Bungie's seminal Halo; the game will be called Backlight.
Not only does it appear that the new shooter will be released on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, but we're also told that the game will even manifest itself as a comic book and movie.
Zombie describe the game as "a covert military action epic set twenty-five years in the future."
"From the start, I have envisioned 'Blacklight' as a story that spans all of the forms of media I enjoy most," beams Zombie CEO Mark Long.
"It's an ambitious project and I've been fortunate to find partners at Fox Atomic and Union who share that same vision. We are cooperating on the comic, game and movie at levels that are unprecedented in the industry."
We're looking forward to learning more about Backlight, soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3