New Zombie title Backlight on the way
Action developer Zombie have today lifted the lid on a new shooter that looks like it draws its inspiration from Bungie's seminal Halo; the game will be called Backlight.
Not only does it appear that the new shooter will be released on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, but we're also told that the game will even manifest itself as a comic book and movie.
Zombie describe the game as "a covert military action epic set twenty-five years in the future."
"From the start, I have envisioned 'Blacklight' as a story that spans all of the forms of media I enjoy most," beams Zombie CEO Mark Long.
"It's an ambitious project and I've been fortunate to find partners at Fox Atomic and Union who share that same vision. We are cooperating on the comic, game and movie at levels that are unprecedented in the industry."
We're looking forward to learning more about Backlight, soon.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release