MadWorld could boost Wii sales
While the Wii goes after that illusive non-hardcore audience, violent Sega release MadWorld could do the opposite and lure traditional gamers to the platform - that's what PlatinumGames' Atsushi Inaba reckons.
Speaking to Kikizo, Inaba-san said: "We've had positive feedback online from users who've said that this is a must-buy, that it's a reason to buy a Wii."
He continued: "The main reason is we wanted to create a new title for the Wii specifically, and if we developed for other platforms, we wouldn't be able to develop a new title, new ideas. We wanted to make something that was easy to pick up and play."
The game is out now in the USA, and will hit Europe on March 20th. We'll have a review soon.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer