Minecraft won't be ready for the PS4 at launch
4J Studios has announced that the PS4 version of Minecraft will not be available at launch.
The Scottish developer has already successfully ported Minecraft to the Xbox 360 and is working on PS3, PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game.
They confirmed on Twitter that the PS3 version of the game is ready to testing now. They stated on their official Twitter account, “We're hard at work getting Minecraft: PS3 Edition ready for testing just now. The other platforms & TU14 will be later.”
This prompted a fan question on whether the PS4 version will be a launch title. They responded plainly, “No, it won't be a launch title.”
The PS3 version will probably be out sooner than the next-gen versions, which makes sense given the installed user-base of the PS3.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week