Minecraft won't be ready for the PS4 at launch
4J Studios has announced that the PS4 version of Minecraft will not be available at launch.
The Scottish developer has already successfully ported Minecraft to the Xbox 360 and is working on PS3, PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game.
They confirmed on Twitter that the PS3 version of the game is ready to testing now. They stated on their official Twitter account, “We're hard at work getting Minecraft: PS3 Edition ready for testing just now. The other platforms & TU14 will be later.”
This prompted a fan question on whether the PS4 version will be a launch title. They responded plainly, “No, it won't be a launch title.”
The PS3 version will probably be out sooner than the next-gen versions, which makes sense given the installed user-base of the PS3.
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row