Minecraft won't be ready for the PS4 at launch
4J Studios has announced that the PS4 version of Minecraft will not be available at launch.
The Scottish developer has already successfully ported Minecraft to the Xbox 360 and is working on PS3, PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game.
They confirmed on Twitter that the PS3 version of the game is ready to testing now. They stated on their official Twitter account, “We're hard at work getting Minecraft: PS3 Edition ready for testing just now. The other platforms & TU14 will be later.”
This prompted a fan question on whether the PS4 version will be a launch title. They responded plainly, “No, it won't be a launch title.”
The PS3 version will probably be out sooner than the next-gen versions, which makes sense given the installed user-base of the PS3.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave