Minecraft won't be ready for the PS4 at launch
4J Studios has announced that the PS4 version of Minecraft will not be available at launch.
The Scottish developer has already successfully ported Minecraft to the Xbox 360 and is working on PS3, PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game.
They confirmed on Twitter that the PS3 version of the game is ready to testing now. They stated on their official Twitter account, “We're hard at work getting Minecraft: PS3 Edition ready for testing just now. The other platforms & TU14 will be later.”
This prompted a fan question on whether the PS4 version will be a launch title. They responded plainly, “No, it won't be a launch title.”
The PS3 version will probably be out sooner than the next-gen versions, which makes sense given the installed user-base of the PS3.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One