Activision readying Sing Hero title
Activision Blizzard could be going after SingStar and Lips, the US Patent and Trademark office revealing that the publisher has trademarked the name 'Sing Hero'.
Of course this could be a pre-emptive filing, aimed at securing the name for potential future use, rather than for use with an existing project. That said, Bobby Kotick has already said that more 'Hero' branded titles will be released this year.
Band Hero has already been mooted in some prior speculation, while we're also expecting DJ Hero this side of Christmas, in addition to a new full Guitar Hero sequel.
This news comes as Activision have been stepping up their efforts as the battle with MTV's Rock Band heats up.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title