Activision readying Sing Hero title
Activision Blizzard could be going after SingStar and Lips, the US Patent and Trademark office revealing that the publisher has trademarked the name 'Sing Hero'.
Of course this could be a pre-emptive filing, aimed at securing the name for potential future use, rather than for use with an existing project. That said, Bobby Kotick has already said that more 'Hero' branded titles will be released this year.
Band Hero has already been mooted in some prior speculation, while we're also expecting DJ Hero this side of Christmas, in addition to a new full Guitar Hero sequel.
This news comes as Activision have been stepping up their efforts as the battle with MTV's Rock Band heats up.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer