Activision readying Sing Hero title
Activision Blizzard could be going after SingStar and Lips, the US Patent and Trademark office revealing that the publisher has trademarked the name 'Sing Hero'.
Of course this could be a pre-emptive filing, aimed at securing the name for potential future use, rather than for use with an existing project. That said, Bobby Kotick has already said that more 'Hero' branded titles will be released this year.
Band Hero has already been mooted in some prior speculation, while we're also expecting DJ Hero this side of Christmas, in addition to a new full Guitar Hero sequel.
This news comes as Activision have been stepping up their efforts as the battle with MTV's Rock Band heats up.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3