Activision readying Sing Hero title
Activision Blizzard could be going after SingStar and Lips, the US Patent and Trademark office revealing that the publisher has trademarked the name 'Sing Hero'.
Of course this could be a pre-emptive filing, aimed at securing the name for potential future use, rather than for use with an existing project. That said, Bobby Kotick has already said that more 'Hero' branded titles will be released this year.
Band Hero has already been mooted in some prior speculation, while we're also expecting DJ Hero this side of Christmas, in addition to a new full Guitar Hero sequel.
This news comes as Activision have been stepping up their efforts as the battle with MTV's Rock Band heats up.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side