Activision readying Sing Hero title
Activision Blizzard could be going after SingStar and Lips, the US Patent and Trademark office revealing that the publisher has trademarked the name 'Sing Hero'.
Of course this could be a pre-emptive filing, aimed at securing the name for potential future use, rather than for use with an existing project. That said, Bobby Kotick has already said that more 'Hero' branded titles will be released this year.
Band Hero has already been mooted in some prior speculation, while we're also expecting DJ Hero this side of Christmas, in addition to a new full Guitar Hero sequel.
This news comes as Activision have been stepping up their efforts as the battle with MTV's Rock Band heats up.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching