GTA creator for Develop speech
David Jones, the game designer credited with the invention of Grand Theft Auto, is set to deliver a keynote speech at the Develop conference in Brighton this summer.
As well as working on GTA and Lemmings back in his DMA Design days, Jones is also presently developing APB; a new GTA-like MMO in the works for the PC and Xbox 360.
"Develop is the most prestigious development conference in the UK, and I'm looking forward to coming to Brighton as it's a great opportunity to share some of my experiences of making games - both good and not so good - plus tell a few of the Realtime World's stories to my fellow developers," enthused Jones.
Develop will take place in July. We'll be on hand with all the news.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title