GTA creator for Develop speech
David Jones, the game designer credited with the invention of Grand Theft Auto, is set to deliver a keynote speech at the Develop conference in Brighton this summer.
As well as working on GTA and Lemmings back in his DMA Design days, Jones is also presently developing APB; a new GTA-like MMO in the works for the PC and Xbox 360.
"Develop is the most prestigious development conference in the UK, and I'm looking forward to coming to Brighton as it's a great opportunity to share some of my experiences of making games - both good and not so good - plus tell a few of the Realtime World's stories to my fellow developers," enthused Jones.
Develop will take place in July. We'll be on hand with all the news.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year