GTA IV passes 13 million in sales
Chatting in the wake of their latest financial reports, which saw losses widen while revenues were also up, publisher Take-Two have revealed that Grand Theft Auto IV has now sold over 13 million copies.
Despite revealing this sales success, Take-Two wouldn't speculate on sales of the Xbox 360's exclusive DLC, despite revealing that the second episode will arrive later this year.
"Over 13 million units of Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto IV have been shipped as of January 31, 2009," beamed chief Strauss Zelnick, also highlighting the success of Carnival Games, NBA 2K9 and Midnight Club: Los Angeles.
He continued: "Our sales reflected the continued strength and diversity of our portfolio of top franchises, including Grand Theft Auto IV, Carnival Games, NBA 2K9 and Midnight Club: Los Angeles. Looking to the balance of the year, the economy remains challenging and uncertain, and our industry will not be immune to this environment.
"Consumers will continue to be highly selective in their purchases, including interactive entertainment. We need to deliver innovative, exceptionally compelling products to compete for this more limited consumer spending, and we are confident in our ability to do so."
Can we play BioShock 2 please, Strauss?
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update