GTA IV passes 13 million in sales
Chatting in the wake of their latest financial reports, which saw losses widen while revenues were also up, publisher Take-Two have revealed that Grand Theft Auto IV has now sold over 13 million copies.
Despite revealing this sales success, Take-Two wouldn't speculate on sales of the Xbox 360's exclusive DLC, despite revealing that the second episode will arrive later this year.
"Over 13 million units of Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto IV have been shipped as of January 31, 2009," beamed chief Strauss Zelnick, also highlighting the success of Carnival Games, NBA 2K9 and Midnight Club: Los Angeles.
He continued: "Our sales reflected the continued strength and diversity of our portfolio of top franchises, including Grand Theft Auto IV, Carnival Games, NBA 2K9 and Midnight Club: Los Angeles. Looking to the balance of the year, the economy remains challenging and uncertain, and our industry will not be immune to this environment.
"Consumers will continue to be highly selective in their purchases, including interactive entertainment. We need to deliver innovative, exceptionally compelling products to compete for this more limited consumer spending, and we are confident in our ability to do so."
Can we play BioShock 2 please, Strauss?
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan