GTA IV passes 13 million in sales
Chatting in the wake of their latest financial reports, which saw losses widen while revenues were also up, publisher Take-Two have revealed that Grand Theft Auto IV has now sold over 13 million copies.
Despite revealing this sales success, Take-Two wouldn't speculate on sales of the Xbox 360's exclusive DLC, despite revealing that the second episode will arrive later this year.
"Over 13 million units of Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto IV have been shipped as of January 31, 2009," beamed chief Strauss Zelnick, also highlighting the success of Carnival Games, NBA 2K9 and Midnight Club: Los Angeles.
He continued: "Our sales reflected the continued strength and diversity of our portfolio of top franchises, including Grand Theft Auto IV, Carnival Games, NBA 2K9 and Midnight Club: Los Angeles. Looking to the balance of the year, the economy remains challenging and uncertain, and our industry will not be immune to this environment.
"Consumers will continue to be highly selective in their purchases, including interactive entertainment. We need to deliver innovative, exceptionally compelling products to compete for this more limited consumer spending, and we are confident in our ability to do so."
Can we play BioShock 2 please, Strauss?
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below