GTA IV passes 13 million in sales
Chatting in the wake of their latest financial reports, which saw losses widen while revenues were also up, publisher Take-Two have revealed that Grand Theft Auto IV has now sold over 13 million copies.
Despite revealing this sales success, Take-Two wouldn't speculate on sales of the Xbox 360's exclusive DLC, despite revealing that the second episode will arrive later this year.
"Over 13 million units of Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto IV have been shipped as of January 31, 2009," beamed chief Strauss Zelnick, also highlighting the success of Carnival Games, NBA 2K9 and Midnight Club: Los Angeles.
He continued: "Our sales reflected the continued strength and diversity of our portfolio of top franchises, including Grand Theft Auto IV, Carnival Games, NBA 2K9 and Midnight Club: Los Angeles. Looking to the balance of the year, the economy remains challenging and uncertain, and our industry will not be immune to this environment.
"Consumers will continue to be highly selective in their purchases, including interactive entertainment. We need to deliver innovative, exceptionally compelling products to compete for this more limited consumer spending, and we are confident in our ability to do so."
Can we play BioShock 2 please, Strauss?
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto