id Software say no to Rage in 2009
Speaking with GameTrailers, id Software big cheese Todd Hollenshead has revealed that the veteran game maker's new title - Rage - won't be with us this year.
Some had hoped to see the racing-shooting title, which shows off id's latest game engine technology in time for Christmas 2009, but it would seem that this is now off the cards.
Rage promises vast, wasteland environments, and looks to deliver a very detailed world, while id are also said to be working on a fourth Doom game - although Hollenshead admits it may not be called Doom '4'.
Both games look likely to arrive in 2010, then.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes