id Software say no to Rage in 2009
Speaking with GameTrailers, id Software big cheese Todd Hollenshead has revealed that the veteran game maker's new title - Rage - won't be with us this year.
Some had hoped to see the racing-shooting title, which shows off id's latest game engine technology in time for Christmas 2009, but it would seem that this is now off the cards.
Rage promises vast, wasteland environments, and looks to deliver a very detailed world, while id are also said to be working on a fourth Doom game - although Hollenshead admits it may not be called Doom '4'.
Both games look likely to arrive in 2010, then.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title