id Software say no to Rage in 2009
Speaking with GameTrailers, id Software big cheese Todd Hollenshead has revealed that the veteran game maker's new title - Rage - won't be with us this year.
Some had hoped to see the racing-shooting title, which shows off id's latest game engine technology in time for Christmas 2009, but it would seem that this is now off the cards.
Rage promises vast, wasteland environments, and looks to deliver a very detailed world, while id are also said to be working on a fourth Doom game - although Hollenshead admits it may not be called Doom '4'.
Both games look likely to arrive in 2010, then.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit