id Software say no to Rage in 2009
Speaking with GameTrailers, id Software big cheese Todd Hollenshead has revealed that the veteran game maker's new title - Rage - won't be with us this year.
Some had hoped to see the racing-shooting title, which shows off id's latest game engine technology in time for Christmas 2009, but it would seem that this is now off the cards.
Rage promises vast, wasteland environments, and looks to deliver a very detailed world, while id are also said to be working on a fourth Doom game - although Hollenshead admits it may not be called Doom '4'.
Both games look likely to arrive in 2010, then.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive