id Software say no to Rage in 2009
Speaking with GameTrailers, id Software big cheese Todd Hollenshead has revealed that the veteran game maker's new title - Rage - won't be with us this year.
Some had hoped to see the racing-shooting title, which shows off id's latest game engine technology in time for Christmas 2009, but it would seem that this is now off the cards.
Rage promises vast, wasteland environments, and looks to deliver a very detailed world, while id are also said to be working on a fourth Doom game - although Hollenshead admits it may not be called Doom '4'.
Both games look likely to arrive in 2010, then.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto