A Boy and his Blob confirmed for Wii
A Boy and his Blob is on the way to the Wii, Majesco set to deliver this puzzle title to Nintendo's 'disruptive' lounge box.
We're promised that the game will offer hand-drawn visuals, and 'painted' animation, as part of gameplay that will see players battling monsters, solving puzzles and generally using a 'blob' to beat environmental challenges.
Yes, the blob in question can take on various shapes, such as ladders and balloons, in order to help the titular 'boy' overcome the obstacles he will face.
"When A Boy and his Blob first appeared in 1989, it captured the imagination of gamers everywhere with its heartwarming storyline and unique gameplay," beams Majesco’s Gui Karyo.
"Twenty years later, we are proud to bring an updated - yet still charming - reimagining of this beloved title to a new generation of Wii players."
A release this autumn is mooted.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer