id Software announce QuakeCon 2009
Texan developer id Software, creators of seminal titles like as Wolfenstein, Doom and Quake, have today confirmed their annual QuakeCon shindig, revealing that the show will be held this summer.
The fan event will take place at the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas, from August 13th to 16th, and tickets for the event are on sale now via the official website.
In the past, QuakeCon has played host to a number of big name id announcements, and at the very least people will be looking for sneak peaks at big titles such as Rage and the new Doom.
We'll be on hand in the summer to bring you all the news from Carmack and co's big party.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3