Killzone 2 romps past Halo Wars
Killzone 2, released last week, has taken the UK sales charts by storm, kicking Halo Wars into second place and Street Fighter IV down to third.
Despite the PS3 hardly proving dominant in terms of hardware sales, Guerrilla's new FPS became the fourth fastest selling Sony title ever released in the UK. It is also the second fastest selling PS3 game ever, behind Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.
Halo Wars entered the charts at two, comfortably becoming the Xbox 360's best-selling release of the week, while sales of the excellent Street Fighter IV fell 49%, taking the game down to third from first.
Wii Fit, the highest placed Wii game, fell to fourth, followed by Professor Layton and the Curious Village on.
Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection was up to sixth, with FIFA 09, Call of Duty: World at War, Ben 10: Alien Force and Mario Kart Wii rounding out the all-format top ten.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3