Mortal Kombat is up for sale
Word in this morning reveals that in the depths of their financial woes, publisher Midway have put the Mortal Kombat series up for sale.
New court documents related to Midway's troubles tell us that the publisher is after an "execution of an asset purchase agreement for the sale of Midway’s Mortal Kombat franchise assets."
According to NetDockets, nearly four million USD has been set aside as part of the selling of rights - Wheelman having already moved across town to Ubisoft.
Of course, this desperate maneuvering and selling of assets could well be Midway's death rattle, the firm desperately seeking to raise cash to appease creditors. We'll bring you more as we get it.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced