Mortal Kombat is up for sale
Word in this morning reveals that in the depths of their financial woes, publisher Midway have put the Mortal Kombat series up for sale.
New court documents related to Midway's troubles tell us that the publisher is after an "execution of an asset purchase agreement for the sale of Midway’s Mortal Kombat franchise assets."
According to NetDockets, nearly four million USD has been set aside as part of the selling of rights - Wheelman having already moved across town to Ubisoft.
Of course, this desperate maneuvering and selling of assets could well be Midway's death rattle, the firm desperately seeking to raise cash to appease creditors. We'll bring you more as we get it.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch