Mortal Kombat is up for sale
Word in this morning reveals that in the depths of their financial woes, publisher Midway have put the Mortal Kombat series up for sale.
New court documents related to Midway's troubles tell us that the publisher is after an "execution of an asset purchase agreement for the sale of Midway’s Mortal Kombat franchise assets."
According to NetDockets, nearly four million USD has been set aside as part of the selling of rights - Wheelman having already moved across town to Ubisoft.
Of course, this desperate maneuvering and selling of assets could well be Midway's death rattle, the firm desperately seeking to raise cash to appease creditors. We'll bring you more as we get it.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine