Mortal Kombat is up for sale
Word in this morning reveals that in the depths of their financial woes, publisher Midway have put the Mortal Kombat series up for sale.
New court documents related to Midway's troubles tell us that the publisher is after an "execution of an asset purchase agreement for the sale of Midway’s Mortal Kombat franchise assets."
According to NetDockets, nearly four million USD has been set aside as part of the selling of rights - Wheelman having already moved across town to Ubisoft.
Of course, this desperate maneuvering and selling of assets could well be Midway's death rattle, the firm desperately seeking to raise cash to appease creditors. We'll bring you more as we get it.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title