Mortal Kombat is up for sale
Word in this morning reveals that in the depths of their financial woes, publisher Midway have put the Mortal Kombat series up for sale.
New court documents related to Midway's troubles tell us that the publisher is after an "execution of an asset purchase agreement for the sale of Midway’s Mortal Kombat franchise assets."
According to NetDockets, nearly four million USD has been set aside as part of the selling of rights - Wheelman having already moved across town to Ubisoft.
Of course, this desperate maneuvering and selling of assets could well be Midway's death rattle, the firm desperately seeking to raise cash to appease creditors. We'll bring you more as we get it.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto