New GTA games considered for PSP
Sony have already told us that 2009 will be the year of the PSP, and having announced big games like MotorStorm and LittleBigPlanet for the handheld they seem set to continue this push - a new GTA title for the device said to be under discussion.
Speaking with MTV stateside, marketing boss John Koller reveals that discussions with Rockstar are underway with a view to bringing GTA back to the PSP.
"No one should sleep on that franchise," Koller beamed.
"That's a tremendous franchise for PlayStation in general. We've had two that are the top two sellers on PSP right now. So, there's definitely continued conversations with Rockstar on all their brands. That's nothing that’s left the PlayStation family."
Koller went on to imply that he was intrigued by the prospect of GTA: Chinatown Wars on the DS, but was quick to suggest that the PSP might be a more natural home for the controversial action series.
In previous reports, Sony have also hinted that another couple of very large PSP games (due out this year) have yet to be formally announced. We can't say we aren't fascinated...
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet