New GTA games considered for PSP
Sony have already told us that 2009 will be the year of the PSP, and having announced big games like MotorStorm and LittleBigPlanet for the handheld they seem set to continue this push - a new GTA title for the device said to be under discussion.
Speaking with MTV stateside, marketing boss John Koller reveals that discussions with Rockstar are underway with a view to bringing GTA back to the PSP.
"No one should sleep on that franchise," Koller beamed.
"That's a tremendous franchise for PlayStation in general. We've had two that are the top two sellers on PSP right now. So, there's definitely continued conversations with Rockstar on all their brands. That's nothing that’s left the PlayStation family."
Koller went on to imply that he was intrigued by the prospect of GTA: Chinatown Wars on the DS, but was quick to suggest that the PSP might be a more natural home for the controversial action series.
In previous reports, Sony have also hinted that another couple of very large PSP games (due out this year) have yet to be formally announced. We can't say we aren't fascinated...
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent