New GTA games considered for PSP
Sony have already told us that 2009 will be the year of the PSP, and having announced big games like MotorStorm and LittleBigPlanet for the handheld they seem set to continue this push - a new GTA title for the device said to be under discussion.
Speaking with MTV stateside, marketing boss John Koller reveals that discussions with Rockstar are underway with a view to bringing GTA back to the PSP.
"No one should sleep on that franchise," Koller beamed.
"That's a tremendous franchise for PlayStation in general. We've had two that are the top two sellers on PSP right now. So, there's definitely continued conversations with Rockstar on all their brands. That's nothing that’s left the PlayStation family."
Koller went on to imply that he was intrigued by the prospect of GTA: Chinatown Wars on the DS, but was quick to suggest that the PSP might be a more natural home for the controversial action series.
In previous reports, Sony have also hinted that another couple of very large PSP games (due out this year) have yet to be formally announced. We can't say we aren't fascinated...
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below