New GTA games considered for PSP
Sony have already told us that 2009 will be the year of the PSP, and having announced big games like MotorStorm and LittleBigPlanet for the handheld they seem set to continue this push - a new GTA title for the device said to be under discussion.
Speaking with MTV stateside, marketing boss John Koller reveals that discussions with Rockstar are underway with a view to bringing GTA back to the PSP.
"No one should sleep on that franchise," Koller beamed.
"That's a tremendous franchise for PlayStation in general. We've had two that are the top two sellers on PSP right now. So, there's definitely continued conversations with Rockstar on all their brands. That's nothing that’s left the PlayStation family."
Koller went on to imply that he was intrigued by the prospect of GTA: Chinatown Wars on the DS, but was quick to suggest that the PSP might be a more natural home for the controversial action series.
In previous reports, Sony have also hinted that another couple of very large PSP games (due out this year) have yet to be formally announced. We can't say we aren't fascinated...
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday