New GTA games considered for PSP
Sony have already told us that 2009 will be the year of the PSP, and having announced big games like MotorStorm and LittleBigPlanet for the handheld they seem set to continue this push - a new GTA title for the device said to be under discussion.
Speaking with MTV stateside, marketing boss John Koller reveals that discussions with Rockstar are underway with a view to bringing GTA back to the PSP.
"No one should sleep on that franchise," Koller beamed.
"That's a tremendous franchise for PlayStation in general. We've had two that are the top two sellers on PSP right now. So, there's definitely continued conversations with Rockstar on all their brands. That's nothing that’s left the PlayStation family."
Koller went on to imply that he was intrigued by the prospect of GTA: Chinatown Wars on the DS, but was quick to suggest that the PSP might be a more natural home for the controversial action series.
In previous reports, Sony have also hinted that another couple of very large PSP games (due out this year) have yet to be formally announced. We can't say we aren't fascinated...
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO