Microsoft ending support of Xbox
The original Xbox console, Microsoft's debut foray into the world of videogames, is nearing the end of its meaningful life, and Redmond have confirmed to us this weekend that support of the console will end on March 2nd - Monday.
Service repairs for out of warranty systems will cease on the 2nd, although Microsoft will continue to offer other forms of technical support for the console - not that we imagine there's a great deal of interest.
"Although Microsoft is ending repair services for the Original Xbox, an upgrade program and support will be maintained for Original Xbox consoles that are still under Warranty," reads a new statement.
Farewell, original Xbox, we quite liked you sometimes.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto