Microsoft ending support of Xbox
The original Xbox console, Microsoft's debut foray into the world of videogames, is nearing the end of its meaningful life, and Redmond have confirmed to us this weekend that support of the console will end on March 2nd - Monday.
Service repairs for out of warranty systems will cease on the 2nd, although Microsoft will continue to offer other forms of technical support for the console - not that we imagine there's a great deal of interest.
"Although Microsoft is ending repair services for the Original Xbox, an upgrade program and support will be maintained for Original Xbox consoles that are still under Warranty," reads a new statement.
Farewell, original Xbox, we quite liked you sometimes.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light