Microsoft ending support of Xbox
The original Xbox console, Microsoft's debut foray into the world of videogames, is nearing the end of its meaningful life, and Redmond have confirmed to us this weekend that support of the console will end on March 2nd - Monday.
Service repairs for out of warranty systems will cease on the 2nd, although Microsoft will continue to offer other forms of technical support for the console - not that we imagine there's a great deal of interest.
"Although Microsoft is ending repair services for the Original Xbox, an upgrade program and support will be maintained for Original Xbox consoles that are still under Warranty," reads a new statement.
Farewell, original Xbox, we quite liked you sometimes.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey