Microsoft ending support of Xbox
The original Xbox console, Microsoft's debut foray into the world of videogames, is nearing the end of its meaningful life, and Redmond have confirmed to us this weekend that support of the console will end on March 2nd - Monday.
Service repairs for out of warranty systems will cease on the 2nd, although Microsoft will continue to offer other forms of technical support for the console - not that we imagine there's a great deal of interest.
"Although Microsoft is ending repair services for the Original Xbox, an upgrade program and support will be maintained for Original Xbox consoles that are still under Warranty," reads a new statement.
Farewell, original Xbox, we quite liked you sometimes.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users