Microsoft ending support of Xbox
The original Xbox console, Microsoft's debut foray into the world of videogames, is nearing the end of its meaningful life, and Redmond have confirmed to us this weekend that support of the console will end on March 2nd - Monday.
Service repairs for out of warranty systems will cease on the 2nd, although Microsoft will continue to offer other forms of technical support for the console - not that we imagine there's a great deal of interest.
"Although Microsoft is ending repair services for the Original Xbox, an upgrade program and support will be maintained for Original Xbox consoles that are still under Warranty," reads a new statement.
Farewell, original Xbox, we quite liked you sometimes.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date