R4 cart sales banned in Japan
A Japanese court has decided that the R4 cart is illegal and can't be sold in Japan. The DS cart allows users to duplicate games onto SD cards which can then be played via the "R4 Revolution" cart.
The Tokyo District Court ruled against the Chinese made cart, granting an injunction backed by Nintendo, Square Enix and Capcom. The court agreed that the cart was indeed a a violation of local laws.
Apparently, most Japanese retailers have already halted sale of the R4 gizmo, following pressure from games makers and the lawsuit itself, and now the cart has been officially deemed illegal.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer