R4 cart sales banned in Japan
A Japanese court has decided that the R4 cart is illegal and can't be sold in Japan. The DS cart allows users to duplicate games onto SD cards which can then be played via the "R4 Revolution" cart.
The Tokyo District Court ruled against the Chinese made cart, granting an injunction backed by Nintendo, Square Enix and Capcom. The court agreed that the cart was indeed a a violation of local laws.
Apparently, most Japanese retailers have already halted sale of the R4 gizmo, following pressure from games makers and the lawsuit itself, and now the cart has been officially deemed illegal.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3