R4 cart sales banned in Japan
A Japanese court has decided that the R4 cart is illegal and can't be sold in Japan. The DS cart allows users to duplicate games onto SD cards which can then be played via the "R4 Revolution" cart.
The Tokyo District Court ruled against the Chinese made cart, granting an injunction backed by Nintendo, Square Enix and Capcom. The court agreed that the cart was indeed a a violation of local laws.
Apparently, most Japanese retailers have already halted sale of the R4 gizmo, following pressure from games makers and the lawsuit itself, and now the cart has been officially deemed illegal.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too