R4 cart sales banned in Japan
A Japanese court has decided that the R4 cart is illegal and can't be sold in Japan. The DS cart allows users to duplicate games onto SD cards which can then be played via the "R4 Revolution" cart.
The Tokyo District Court ruled against the Chinese made cart, granting an injunction backed by Nintendo, Square Enix and Capcom. The court agreed that the cart was indeed a a violation of local laws.
Apparently, most Japanese retailers have already halted sale of the R4 gizmo, following pressure from games makers and the lawsuit itself, and now the cart has been officially deemed illegal.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free