R4 cart sales banned in Japan
A Japanese court has decided that the R4 cart is illegal and can't be sold in Japan. The DS cart allows users to duplicate games onto SD cards which can then be played via the "R4 Revolution" cart.
The Tokyo District Court ruled against the Chinese made cart, granting an injunction backed by Nintendo, Square Enix and Capcom. The court agreed that the cart was indeed a a violation of local laws.
Apparently, most Japanese retailers have already halted sale of the R4 gizmo, following pressure from games makers and the lawsuit itself, and now the cart has been officially deemed illegal.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III