NASA working on new space-based MMO
NASA's space-fairing MMO game steps a little closer to reality this weekend, the US space agency confirming a deal with Virtual Heroes and Project Whitecard that will see the persistent world title created. Astronaut: Moon, Mars and Beyond is the name of the new game.
The space agency hope the new game will be useful as a learning tool, and will inspire students to take up careers in engineering and the sciences. It will be powered by the Unreal Engine 3.
"NASA is committed to attracting more students to science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields of study and careers. We hope this game will inspire players to consider those careers," enthused project boss Daniel Laughlin.
A release in 2010 is planned, while a demo is mooted for late 2009.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year