NASA working on new space-based MMO
NASA's space-fairing MMO game steps a little closer to reality this weekend, the US space agency confirming a deal with Virtual Heroes and Project Whitecard that will see the persistent world title created. Astronaut: Moon, Mars and Beyond is the name of the new game.
The space agency hope the new game will be useful as a learning tool, and will inspire students to take up careers in engineering and the sciences. It will be powered by the Unreal Engine 3.
"NASA is committed to attracting more students to science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields of study and careers. We hope this game will inspire players to consider those careers," enthused project boss Daniel Laughlin.
A release in 2010 is planned, while a demo is mooted for late 2009.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent