NASA working on new space-based MMO
NASA's space-fairing MMO game steps a little closer to reality this weekend, the US space agency confirming a deal with Virtual Heroes and Project Whitecard that will see the persistent world title created. Astronaut: Moon, Mars and Beyond is the name of the new game.
The space agency hope the new game will be useful as a learning tool, and will inspire students to take up careers in engineering and the sciences. It will be powered by the Unreal Engine 3.
"NASA is committed to attracting more students to science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields of study and careers. We hope this game will inspire players to consider those careers," enthused project boss Daniel Laughlin.
A release in 2010 is planned, while a demo is mooted for late 2009.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3