NASA working on new space-based MMO
NASA's space-fairing MMO game steps a little closer to reality this weekend, the US space agency confirming a deal with Virtual Heroes and Project Whitecard that will see the persistent world title created. Astronaut: Moon, Mars and Beyond is the name of the new game.
The space agency hope the new game will be useful as a learning tool, and will inspire students to take up careers in engineering and the sciences. It will be powered by the Unreal Engine 3.
"NASA is committed to attracting more students to science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields of study and careers. We hope this game will inspire players to consider those careers," enthused project boss Daniel Laughlin.
A release in 2010 is planned, while a demo is mooted for late 2009.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO