Jobs lost at Rare
Viva Piñata studio Rare has dismissed several employees from its art and engineering teams.
GI have reported approximately 12 jobs have been removed and the firm is now asking employees to reapply for different positions at the company.
Following reports of the restructuring at Rare on Tuesday, studio manager Mark Betteridge commented: "As the entire industry struggles to address the increasing scale and cost of development, we too have felt a need to restructure our current approach so we can speed development and better manage the scale required to create high quality games,"
Despite the job losses, Rare continue to develop a number of projects for Microsoft Game Studios.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title