Jobs lost at Rare
Viva Piñata studio Rare has dismissed several employees from its art and engineering teams.
GI have reported approximately 12 jobs have been removed and the firm is now asking employees to reapply for different positions at the company.
Following reports of the restructuring at Rare on Tuesday, studio manager Mark Betteridge commented: "As the entire industry struggles to address the increasing scale and cost of development, we too have felt a need to restructure our current approach so we can speed development and better manage the scale required to create high quality games,"
Despite the job losses, Rare continue to develop a number of projects for Microsoft Game Studios.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update