Jobs lost at Rare
Viva Piñata studio Rare has dismissed several employees from its art and engineering teams.
GI have reported approximately 12 jobs have been removed and the firm is now asking employees to reapply for different positions at the company.
Following reports of the restructuring at Rare on Tuesday, studio manager Mark Betteridge commented: "As the entire industry struggles to address the increasing scale and cost of development, we too have felt a need to restructure our current approach so we can speed development and better manage the scale required to create high quality games,"
Despite the job losses, Rare continue to develop a number of projects for Microsoft Game Studios.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch