Jobs lost at Rare
Viva Piñata studio Rare has dismissed several employees from its art and engineering teams.
GI have reported approximately 12 jobs have been removed and the firm is now asking employees to reapply for different positions at the company.
Following reports of the restructuring at Rare on Tuesday, studio manager Mark Betteridge commented: "As the entire industry struggles to address the increasing scale and cost of development, we too have felt a need to restructure our current approach so we can speed development and better manage the scale required to create high quality games,"
Despite the job losses, Rare continue to develop a number of projects for Microsoft Game Studios.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent