Jobs lost at Rare
Viva Piñata studio Rare has dismissed several employees from its art and engineering teams.
GI have reported approximately 12 jobs have been removed and the firm is now asking employees to reapply for different positions at the company.
Following reports of the restructuring at Rare on Tuesday, studio manager Mark Betteridge commented: "As the entire industry struggles to address the increasing scale and cost of development, we too have felt a need to restructure our current approach so we can speed development and better manage the scale required to create high quality games,"
Despite the job losses, Rare continue to develop a number of projects for Microsoft Game Studios.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit