Jeffery Kaplan leaves WoW to focus on new MMO
World of Warcraft lead designer Jeffery Kaplan has announced that he has left the WoW team and is now working on Blizzard's new MMO.
Posting on the official forum of the game, Kaplan says: "I still plan to be very involved with the future course of World of Warcraft, but will leave the day to day operations of World of Warcraft to my partners in crime, Tom Chilton and J. Allen Brack."
"WoW is still my favorite game. I play it every day. None of that passion is gone. If anything, it fuels the challenge of making our next MMO even better. We know we have some big shoes to fill," Kaplan added.
Kaplan's switch of roles will undoubtedly fuel the fires of anticipation for Bliazzard's unannounced MMO.
Read Kaplan's full post on the World of Warcraft forum.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week