Jeffery Kaplan leaves WoW to focus on new MMO
World of Warcraft lead designer Jeffery Kaplan has announced that he has left the WoW team and is now working on Blizzard's new MMO.
Posting on the official forum of the game, Kaplan says: "I still plan to be very involved with the future course of World of Warcraft, but will leave the day to day operations of World of Warcraft to my partners in crime, Tom Chilton and J. Allen Brack."
"WoW is still my favorite game. I play it every day. None of that passion is gone. If anything, it fuels the challenge of making our next MMO even better. We know we have some big shoes to fill," Kaplan added.
Kaplan's switch of roles will undoubtedly fuel the fires of anticipation for Bliazzard's unannounced MMO.
Read Kaplan's full post on the World of Warcraft forum.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One