Jeffery Kaplan leaves WoW to focus on new MMO
World of Warcraft lead designer Jeffery Kaplan has announced that he has left the WoW team and is now working on Blizzard's new MMO.
Posting on the official forum of the game, Kaplan says: "I still plan to be very involved with the future course of World of Warcraft, but will leave the day to day operations of World of Warcraft to my partners in crime, Tom Chilton and J. Allen Brack."
"WoW is still my favorite game. I play it every day. None of that passion is gone. If anything, it fuels the challenge of making our next MMO even better. We know we have some big shoes to fill," Kaplan added.
Kaplan's switch of roles will undoubtedly fuel the fires of anticipation for Bliazzard's unannounced MMO.
Read Kaplan's full post on the World of Warcraft forum.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3