Jeffery Kaplan leaves WoW to focus on new MMO
World of Warcraft lead designer Jeffery Kaplan has announced that he has left the WoW team and is now working on Blizzard's new MMO.
Posting on the official forum of the game, Kaplan says: "I still plan to be very involved with the future course of World of Warcraft, but will leave the day to day operations of World of Warcraft to my partners in crime, Tom Chilton and J. Allen Brack."
"WoW is still my favorite game. I play it every day. None of that passion is gone. If anything, it fuels the challenge of making our next MMO even better. We know we have some big shoes to fill," Kaplan added.
Kaplan's switch of roles will undoubtedly fuel the fires of anticipation for Bliazzard's unannounced MMO.
Read Kaplan's full post on the World of Warcraft forum.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III