No PS3 version of Left 4 Dead, still
UK retailer HMV sparked something of a furore late yesterday, when the online store was spotting touting a listing for Left 4 Dead on the PS3, prompting Valve to move quickly and dismiss claims that their game will be released on the format.
The zombie shooter has been something of a smash on the PC and the Xbox 360 already - but Valve have always been reticent to release their games on Sony's platform - EA usually handling such ports, sometimes with mixed results.
"Fantastic. I can’t wait to see it," joked a Valve rep when asked about the listing by CVG, which also appears on Play.com. HMV, meanwhile, slate the title for release on June 5th.
We'll keep you posted on this.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title