No PS3 version of Left 4 Dead, still
UK retailer HMV sparked something of a furore late yesterday, when the online store was spotting touting a listing for Left 4 Dead on the PS3, prompting Valve to move quickly and dismiss claims that their game will be released on the format.
The zombie shooter has been something of a smash on the PC and the Xbox 360 already - but Valve have always been reticent to release their games on Sony's platform - EA usually handling such ports, sometimes with mixed results.
"Fantastic. I can’t wait to see it," joked a Valve rep when asked about the listing by CVG, which also appears on Play.com. HMV, meanwhile, slate the title for release on June 5th.
We'll keep you posted on this.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3