No PS3 version of Left 4 Dead, still
UK retailer HMV sparked something of a furore late yesterday, when the online store was spotting touting a listing for Left 4 Dead on the PS3, prompting Valve to move quickly and dismiss claims that their game will be released on the format.
The zombie shooter has been something of a smash on the PC and the Xbox 360 already - but Valve have always been reticent to release their games on Sony's platform - EA usually handling such ports, sometimes with mixed results.
"Fantastic. I can’t wait to see it," joked a Valve rep when asked about the listing by CVG, which also appears on Play.com. HMV, meanwhile, slate the title for release on June 5th.
We'll keep you posted on this.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer