Next Battlefield and Mass Effect 2 target 2010
Having confirmed a loss of over 600 million dollars for the third-quarter, EA have been talking up their outlook, the embattled publisher announcing that Mass Effect 2 and a Battlefield: Bad Company sequel will step into the limelight during the first three months of 2010.
Word has it that Mass Effect 2 will be released for the PC and Xbox 360, while the next Battlefield game from DICE (which we believe was to be shown at a canceled EA event on Monday) will be a multi-platform title.
Speculation is rife online, debating whether the next Mass Effect game will make it to the PS3 or not - the first title in the RPG trilogy famously being an Xbox 360 console exclusive, of course.
Alongside these big names, EA hope sequels for Need for Speed, Madden, Harry Potter and The Sims can give the publisher a more positive performance in 2009.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3