Next Battlefield and Mass Effect 2 target 2010
Having confirmed a loss of over 600 million dollars for the third-quarter, EA have been talking up their outlook, the embattled publisher announcing that Mass Effect 2 and a Battlefield: Bad Company sequel will step into the limelight during the first three months of 2010.
Word has it that Mass Effect 2 will be released for the PC and Xbox 360, while the next Battlefield game from DICE (which we believe was to be shown at a canceled EA event on Monday) will be a multi-platform title.
Speculation is rife online, debating whether the next Mass Effect game will make it to the PS3 or not - the first title in the RPG trilogy famously being an Xbox 360 console exclusive, of course.
Alongside these big names, EA hope sequels for Need for Speed, Madden, Harry Potter and The Sims can give the publisher a more positive performance in 2009.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week