Next Battlefield and Mass Effect 2 target 2010
Having confirmed a loss of over 600 million dollars for the third-quarter, EA have been talking up their outlook, the embattled publisher announcing that Mass Effect 2 and a Battlefield: Bad Company sequel will step into the limelight during the first three months of 2010.
Word has it that Mass Effect 2 will be released for the PC and Xbox 360, while the next Battlefield game from DICE (which we believe was to be shown at a canceled EA event on Monday) will be a multi-platform title.
Speculation is rife online, debating whether the next Mass Effect game will make it to the PS3 or not - the first title in the RPG trilogy famously being an Xbox 360 console exclusive, of course.
Alongside these big names, EA hope sequels for Need for Speed, Madden, Harry Potter and The Sims can give the publisher a more positive performance in 2009.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date