Free Radical fate hangs in the balance
Nottingham-based developer Free Radical's future is still looking very uncertain, administrator ReSolve Partners still looking to salvage something from the skeletal firm remaining after widespread lay-offs and project cancelations.
Apparently, the administrators will reveal the developer's fate in an announcement on February 4th - Wednesday - the company having axed over 100 staffers, retaining just a core team to keep things ticking along.
Those in charge of the troubled developer had been optimistic that a buyer might be found, although it seems as if nothing concrete has transpired so far. Codemasters, Monumental and Rebellion have all been linked, none the less.
We'll learn more on Wednesday. Thanks GI.biz.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3