Valve chief for DICE keynote
Gabe Newell, boss of game development innovators Valve, has been lined up to deliver a keynote address at this year's DICE summit; sadly we don't know at this stage what the industry veteran will be speaking about.
"Gabe Newell and Valve have become a force for innovation in gaming over the past a decade, creating some of the best-selling games of all time and a ground-breaking platform for PC entertainment," said Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences boss Joseph Olin.
"His perspective and vision of the games industry are a welcome addition to this year’s D.I.C.E. Summit, and will greatly contribute to the high-profile line-up."
The latest DICE event will be held in Las Vegas, from February 17th to the 20th. While we are of course hopeful Newell will deliver a few tidbits on Valve's future plans. We'll bring you all the latest from the show, naturally.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes