Valve chief for DICE keynote
Gabe Newell, boss of game development innovators Valve, has been lined up to deliver a keynote address at this year's DICE summit; sadly we don't know at this stage what the industry veteran will be speaking about.
"Gabe Newell and Valve have become a force for innovation in gaming over the past a decade, creating some of the best-selling games of all time and a ground-breaking platform for PC entertainment," said Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences boss Joseph Olin.
"His perspective and vision of the games industry are a welcome addition to this year’s D.I.C.E. Summit, and will greatly contribute to the high-profile line-up."
The latest DICE event will be held in Las Vegas, from February 17th to the 20th. While we are of course hopeful Newell will deliver a few tidbits on Valve's future plans. We'll bring you all the latest from the show, naturally.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching