Valve chief for DICE keynote
Gabe Newell, boss of game development innovators Valve, has been lined up to deliver a keynote address at this year's DICE summit; sadly we don't know at this stage what the industry veteran will be speaking about.
"Gabe Newell and Valve have become a force for innovation in gaming over the past a decade, creating some of the best-selling games of all time and a ground-breaking platform for PC entertainment," said Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences boss Joseph Olin.
"His perspective and vision of the games industry are a welcome addition to this year’s D.I.C.E. Summit, and will greatly contribute to the high-profile line-up."
The latest DICE event will be held in Las Vegas, from February 17th to the 20th. While we are of course hopeful Newell will deliver a few tidbits on Valve's future plans. We'll bring you all the latest from the show, naturally.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3