Valve chief for DICE keynote
Gabe Newell, boss of game development innovators Valve, has been lined up to deliver a keynote address at this year's DICE summit; sadly we don't know at this stage what the industry veteran will be speaking about.
"Gabe Newell and Valve have become a force for innovation in gaming over the past a decade, creating some of the best-selling games of all time and a ground-breaking platform for PC entertainment," said Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences boss Joseph Olin.
"His perspective and vision of the games industry are a welcome addition to this year’s D.I.C.E. Summit, and will greatly contribute to the high-profile line-up."
The latest DICE event will be held in Las Vegas, from February 17th to the 20th. While we are of course hopeful Newell will deliver a few tidbits on Valve's future plans. We'll bring you all the latest from the show, naturally.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer