Valve chief for DICE keynote
Gabe Newell, boss of game development innovators Valve, has been lined up to deliver a keynote address at this year's DICE summit; sadly we don't know at this stage what the industry veteran will be speaking about.
"Gabe Newell and Valve have become a force for innovation in gaming over the past a decade, creating some of the best-selling games of all time and a ground-breaking platform for PC entertainment," said Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences boss Joseph Olin.
"His perspective and vision of the games industry are a welcome addition to this year’s D.I.C.E. Summit, and will greatly contribute to the high-profile line-up."
The latest DICE event will be held in Las Vegas, from February 17th to the 20th. While we are of course hopeful Newell will deliver a few tidbits on Valve's future plans. We'll bring you all the latest from the show, naturally.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims