Konami move to the USA
Following in the footsteps of the UK's Robbie Williams, Konami have taken the step of moving their HQ to LA in a bid to boost their popularity in North America. The newly formed Konami Digital Entertainment will be headed by Kazumi Kitaue, the Japanese firm's current Executive Corporate Officer.
"LA is known as the centre for worldwide entertainment," Kitaue told MCV. "We believe that LA is the ideal location for strengthening Konami's content business strategy. This move will provide us with the proximity to the partners that will allow us to maintain and expand Konami's position as a front runner in the digital entertainment industry, and lead to further growth in Konami's global business."
Does this mean a change in the focus of their products to a more Americanised 'feel', too? Let's hope not.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year