Konami move to the USA
Following in the footsteps of the UK's Robbie Williams, Konami have taken the step of moving their HQ to LA in a bid to boost their popularity in North America. The newly formed Konami Digital Entertainment will be headed by Kazumi Kitaue, the Japanese firm's current Executive Corporate Officer.
"LA is known as the centre for worldwide entertainment," Kitaue told MCV. "We believe that LA is the ideal location for strengthening Konami's content business strategy. This move will provide us with the proximity to the partners that will allow us to maintain and expand Konami's position as a front runner in the digital entertainment industry, and lead to further growth in Konami's global business."
Does this mean a change in the focus of their products to a more Americanised 'feel', too? Let's hope not.
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free
- Sony gets all generous with Decembers PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up