New Crackdown once again hinted
Yet more rumour this afternoon pertaining to the longed-for continuation of the Crackdown series, which has been speculated for some months. Tittle-tattle today (thanks VG247), suggests that Scottish start-up Ruffian could be behind the new game.
Ruffian is of course formed by several ex-Realtime Worlds staffers, the developer behind the first Crackdown, and this news even hints that a new game could be with us as soon as winter 2009 or early 2010.
Speculation refers to the title as Crackdown 1.5; the game to be set in the same city as Realtime's 360 exclusive original. Multiplayer is also set to play a major role.
Meanwhile, Realtime have previous said that they are in negotiations with IP owners Microsoft about a sequel, the developer adamant that they should be allowed to make the sequel. Firm news on all this very soon, we hope.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing