New Crackdown once again hinted
Yet more rumour this afternoon pertaining to the longed-for continuation of the Crackdown series, which has been speculated for some months. Tittle-tattle today (thanks VG247), suggests that Scottish start-up Ruffian could be behind the new game.
Ruffian is of course formed by several ex-Realtime Worlds staffers, the developer behind the first Crackdown, and this news even hints that a new game could be with us as soon as winter 2009 or early 2010.
Speculation refers to the title as Crackdown 1.5; the game to be set in the same city as Realtime's 360 exclusive original. Multiplayer is also set to play a major role.
Meanwhile, Realtime have previous said that they are in negotiations with IP owners Microsoft about a sequel, the developer adamant that they should be allowed to make the sequel. Firm news on all this very soon, we hope.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey