New Crackdown once again hinted
Yet more rumour this afternoon pertaining to the longed-for continuation of the Crackdown series, which has been speculated for some months. Tittle-tattle today (thanks VG247), suggests that Scottish start-up Ruffian could be behind the new game.
Ruffian is of course formed by several ex-Realtime Worlds staffers, the developer behind the first Crackdown, and this news even hints that a new game could be with us as soon as winter 2009 or early 2010.
Speculation refers to the title as Crackdown 1.5; the game to be set in the same city as Realtime's 360 exclusive original. Multiplayer is also set to play a major role.
Meanwhile, Realtime have previous said that they are in negotiations with IP owners Microsoft about a sequel, the developer adamant that they should be allowed to make the sequel. Firm news on all this very soon, we hope.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015