Spring release for new Boom Blox game
EA have been promising to get better at Wii games for some time, and they certainly seem keen to cash in on the success of Wii puzzler Boom Blox, which was released last year to some acclaim.
Boom Blox Bash Party will arrive in the spring, we hear, and once again movie director Steven Spielberg will be adding a certain charm to EA's innovative Wii release.
Multiplayer fun will be a focus this time around, and we also hear talk of 400 new levels - set in themes as diverse as underwater and outer-space.
Spielberg enthused: "We know families and friends really enjoyed playing the original 'Boom Blox' together, so we designed more explosive multiplayer experiences with Boom Blox Bash Party."
'Social gaming' remains the key, according to the director.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3