Spring release for new Boom Blox game
EA have been promising to get better at Wii games for some time, and they certainly seem keen to cash in on the success of Wii puzzler Boom Blox, which was released last year to some acclaim.
Boom Blox Bash Party will arrive in the spring, we hear, and once again movie director Steven Spielberg will be adding a certain charm to EA's innovative Wii release.
Multiplayer fun will be a focus this time around, and we also hear talk of 400 new levels - set in themes as diverse as underwater and outer-space.
Spielberg enthused: "We know families and friends really enjoyed playing the original 'Boom Blox' together, so we designed more explosive multiplayer experiences with Boom Blox Bash Party."
'Social gaming' remains the key, according to the director.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title