Spring release for new Boom Blox game
EA have been promising to get better at Wii games for some time, and they certainly seem keen to cash in on the success of Wii puzzler Boom Blox, which was released last year to some acclaim.
Boom Blox Bash Party will arrive in the spring, we hear, and once again movie director Steven Spielberg will be adding a certain charm to EA's innovative Wii release.
Multiplayer fun will be a focus this time around, and we also hear talk of 400 new levels - set in themes as diverse as underwater and outer-space.
Spielberg enthused: "We know families and friends really enjoyed playing the original 'Boom Blox' together, so we designed more explosive multiplayer experiences with Boom Blox Bash Party."
'Social gaming' remains the key, according to the director.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer