Houser inspired by videogame medium
Speaking in an interesting interview with The Telegraph this week, Rockstar big-wig Dan Houser has said that he isn't worried that film and books sometimes earn more respect than games.
Indeed, he believes that a lack of mainstream focus on the medium, coupled with its ever-evolving standards, means that creating games offers more freedom than say novels or film.
"It's really fun at the moment because we're not in any Academy and the medium's not codified. There’s no accepted way of doing anything so that give us enormous pleasure because we can make it up as we go along," he beamed.
"Movies and TV and books have become so structured in the way they have to approach things. Not working in that environment gives us enormous freedom. I'd rather keep the freedom and not have the respect."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey