Houser inspired by videogame medium
Speaking in an interesting interview with The Telegraph this week, Rockstar big-wig Dan Houser has said that he isn't worried that film and books sometimes earn more respect than games.
Indeed, he believes that a lack of mainstream focus on the medium, coupled with its ever-evolving standards, means that creating games offers more freedom than say novels or film.
"It's really fun at the moment because we're not in any Academy and the medium's not codified. There’s no accepted way of doing anything so that give us enormous pleasure because we can make it up as we go along," he beamed.
"Movies and TV and books have become so structured in the way they have to approach things. Not working in that environment gives us enormous freedom. I'd rather keep the freedom and not have the respect."
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too