World Tour stomps over Rock Band 2
Activision's world-beating Guitar Hero: World Tour has outsold EA's rival Rock Band 2 by 2:1 in US sales, GameSpot report today.
Apparently, NPD's latest figures reveal that World Tour has shifted an impressive 3.4 million copies in the United States, more than twice Rock Band 2's total of 1.7 million.
While this may look good for Activision-Blizzard, it is worth noting that World Tour was available on all consoles from launch in late October, while Rock Band 2's launch on the 360 in September was followed by sporadic launches on the PS3 and Wii.
EA and MTV will be hoping to close the gap somewhat, then. More as we get it.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year