World Tour stomps over Rock Band 2
Activision's world-beating Guitar Hero: World Tour has outsold EA's rival Rock Band 2 by 2:1 in US sales, GameSpot report today.
Apparently, NPD's latest figures reveal that World Tour has shifted an impressive 3.4 million copies in the United States, more than twice Rock Band 2's total of 1.7 million.
While this may look good for Activision-Blizzard, it is worth noting that World Tour was available on all consoles from launch in late October, while Rock Band 2's launch on the 360 in September was followed by sporadic launches on the PS3 and Wii.
EA and MTV will be hoping to close the gap somewhat, then. More as we get it.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching