World Tour stomps over Rock Band 2
Activision's world-beating Guitar Hero: World Tour has outsold EA's rival Rock Band 2 by 2:1 in US sales, GameSpot report today.
Apparently, NPD's latest figures reveal that World Tour has shifted an impressive 3.4 million copies in the United States, more than twice Rock Band 2's total of 1.7 million.
While this may look good for Activision-Blizzard, it is worth noting that World Tour was available on all consoles from launch in late October, while Rock Band 2's launch on the 360 in September was followed by sporadic launches on the PS3 and Wii.
EA and MTV will be hoping to close the gap somewhat, then. More as we get it.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015