World Tour stomps over Rock Band 2
Activision's world-beating Guitar Hero: World Tour has outsold EA's rival Rock Band 2 by 2:1 in US sales, GameSpot report today.
Apparently, NPD's latest figures reveal that World Tour has shifted an impressive 3.4 million copies in the United States, more than twice Rock Band 2's total of 1.7 million.
While this may look good for Activision-Blizzard, it is worth noting that World Tour was available on all consoles from launch in late October, while Rock Band 2's launch on the 360 in September was followed by sporadic launches on the PS3 and Wii.
EA and MTV will be hoping to close the gap somewhat, then. More as we get it.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims