World Tour stomps over Rock Band 2
Activision's world-beating Guitar Hero: World Tour has outsold EA's rival Rock Band 2 by 2:1 in US sales, GameSpot report today.
Apparently, NPD's latest figures reveal that World Tour has shifted an impressive 3.4 million copies in the United States, more than twice Rock Band 2's total of 1.7 million.
While this may look good for Activision-Blizzard, it is worth noting that World Tour was available on all consoles from launch in late October, while Rock Band 2's launch on the 360 in September was followed by sporadic launches on the PS3 and Wii.
EA and MTV will be hoping to close the gap somewhat, then. More as we get it.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto