No Spore sequel this year
Speaking with this website as part of a new preview of Spore Galactic Adventures, EA's executive producer for the IP, Morgan Roarty, has assured that no Spore 2 will emerge in 2009.
Roarty revealed that expanding the PC original - via add-ons like Galactic Adventures - and taking the series off to pastures new, was Maxis' plan for the year ahead.
Spore will get a new release on the Wii, while not one but two DS titles based on the IP will be crafted.
Discussing the new PC expansion itself, Roarty also revealed to us that this wasn't the first idea mooted for an add-on pack, the game enhancing the Space stage portion of the original game, as opposed to offering fresh depth to the whole experience, as originally considered.
More in the full preview.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May