No Spore sequel this year
Speaking with this website as part of a new preview of Spore Galactic Adventures, EA's executive producer for the IP, Morgan Roarty, has assured that no Spore 2 will emerge in 2009.
Roarty revealed that expanding the PC original - via add-ons like Galactic Adventures - and taking the series off to pastures new, was Maxis' plan for the year ahead.
Spore will get a new release on the Wii, while not one but two DS titles based on the IP will be crafted.
Discussing the new PC expansion itself, Roarty also revealed to us that this wasn't the first idea mooted for an add-on pack, the game enhancing the Space stage portion of the original game, as opposed to offering fresh depth to the whole experience, as originally considered.
More in the full preview.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year