PlayStation Home offers up new social area
Sony have today enhanced their PlayStation Home service will a new cafe area of the online world, which the platform holder hopes can be the PS3's 3D answer to Facebook.
Apparently, the cafe zone is looking a little barren at present (not a Daily Mail or a milky, boiling-hot tea in sight...), but that in the future this area will act as a hub for all kinds of action.
"While specific events will be hosted in the Cafe, in the end it will be used for all the same purposes every other space in Home is - socializing with other PS3 users," a Sony spokesperson tells us.
"That’s what Home is about. But that’s not to say that we can’t turn it into something different if that is what the community calls for. Ah, the joys of being in BETA..."
More from the slightly quiet world of Home, soon.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer