PlayStation Home offers up new social area
Sony have today enhanced their PlayStation Home service will a new cafe area of the online world, which the platform holder hopes can be the PS3's 3D answer to Facebook.
Apparently, the cafe zone is looking a little barren at present (not a Daily Mail or a milky, boiling-hot tea in sight...), but that in the future this area will act as a hub for all kinds of action.
"While specific events will be hosted in the Cafe, in the end it will be used for all the same purposes every other space in Home is - socializing with other PS3 users," a Sony spokesperson tells us.
"That’s what Home is about. But that’s not to say that we can’t turn it into something different if that is what the community calls for. Ah, the joys of being in BETA..."
More from the slightly quiet world of Home, soon.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year