PlayStation Home offers up new social area
Sony have today enhanced their PlayStation Home service will a new cafe area of the online world, which the platform holder hopes can be the PS3's 3D answer to Facebook.
Apparently, the cafe zone is looking a little barren at present (not a Daily Mail or a milky, boiling-hot tea in sight...), but that in the future this area will act as a hub for all kinds of action.
"While specific events will be hosted in the Cafe, in the end it will be used for all the same purposes every other space in Home is - socializing with other PS3 users," a Sony spokesperson tells us.
"That’s what Home is about. But that’s not to say that we can’t turn it into something different if that is what the community calls for. Ah, the joys of being in BETA..."
More from the slightly quiet world of Home, soon.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter