PlayStation Home offers up new social area
Sony have today enhanced their PlayStation Home service will a new cafe area of the online world, which the platform holder hopes can be the PS3's 3D answer to Facebook.
Apparently, the cafe zone is looking a little barren at present (not a Daily Mail or a milky, boiling-hot tea in sight...), but that in the future this area will act as a hub for all kinds of action.
"While specific events will be hosted in the Cafe, in the end it will be used for all the same purposes every other space in Home is - socializing with other PS3 users," a Sony spokesperson tells us.
"That’s what Home is about. But that’s not to say that we can’t turn it into something different if that is what the community calls for. Ah, the joys of being in BETA..."
More from the slightly quiet world of Home, soon.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching