PlayStation Home offers up new social area
Sony have today enhanced their PlayStation Home service will a new cafe area of the online world, which the platform holder hopes can be the PS3's 3D answer to Facebook.
Apparently, the cafe zone is looking a little barren at present (not a Daily Mail or a milky, boiling-hot tea in sight...), but that in the future this area will act as a hub for all kinds of action.
"While specific events will be hosted in the Cafe, in the end it will be used for all the same purposes every other space in Home is - socializing with other PS3 users," a Sony spokesperson tells us.
"That’s what Home is about. But that’s not to say that we can’t turn it into something different if that is what the community calls for. Ah, the joys of being in BETA..."
More from the slightly quiet world of Home, soon.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes