EA announces the futuristic Cities Of Tomorrow expansion for SimCity
EA has announced the first expansion pack for SimCity called Cities Of Tomorrow which is due this November.
Unsurprisingly Cities Of Tomorrow is a futuristic-themed pack allowing players to transform their cities by jumping 50 years into the future to create whatever they envisage embidies progress in their cities whether that be a crazed mass of commercialism or an ultra-clean utopia built on renewable planet friendly-technology.
Maxis Emeryville GM Patrick Buechner said,“Will the world of tomorrow be a utopia powered by clean energy or an industrial society consumed by mass commercialism? With SimCity Cities of Tomorrow, players can build the future as they imagine it. Transport your Sims on MagLev, power your cities with fusion reactors or tidal wave generators, manufacture a legion of drones to serve your Sims and build massive MegaTowers that dwarf modern skyscrapers. We’re giving you plausible technologies to take your cities onto a journey 50 years into the future. What will you create?”
Cities Of Tomorrow will arrive for SimCity players on PC and Mac on November the 15th. Pre-orders will receive an exclusive archology to house their growing populace.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network