Four Spore titles in-bound from EA
EA's embargo has now lifted and we can confirm that four new Spore titles are on the way from EA this year. Two titles will be released for the DS, one for the Wii, and a new PC expansion pack for Maxis' hit (which you may have already heard about).
Spore Creature Creator does exactly what it says on the tin and it will hit the DS this summer, delivering an easy to pick-up creation tool for younger players. It will be joined on the handheld by Spore Hero Arena, an accompaniment to the Wii title also in the works.
The Wii will be getting Spore Hero, you see, which EA seem to be billing as a fairly complete Spore experience, designed specifically for Nintendo's disruptive lounge box, albeit with a leaning towards more structured, linear gameplay.
Lastly, PC add-on Galactic Adventures is on the way, allowing players to create and share narrative-driven adventures set in the colourful world of the game - complete with all the freedom you'd expect from Will Wright's opus.
More on all these titles in due course.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3