SCEE unimpacted by cuts at Sony HQ
Sony central has been announcing cut-backs this week, the firm revealing that jobs will be lost across all areas of the business as the firm looks to save over 250 million Euros - however, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe will not be effect, we hear.
European boss David Reeves had told staff that no jobs would be lost, and we're told "this is still the case, he has just sent a message to employees here to that effect," one insider told GI.biz.
"As was the case with the previous Sony restructuring announcement this mainly concerns our electronics business."
That being said, Sony's pictures, music and game businesses in various parts of the world will be impacted - the firm looking to save 250 billion Yen. This remains small compared to the scale of the electronic cut-backs underway.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3