SCEE unimpacted by cuts at Sony HQ
Sony central has been announcing cut-backs this week, the firm revealing that jobs will be lost across all areas of the business as the firm looks to save over 250 million Euros - however, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe will not be effect, we hear.
European boss David Reeves had told staff that no jobs would be lost, and we're told "this is still the case, he has just sent a message to employees here to that effect," one insider told GI.biz.
"As was the case with the previous Sony restructuring announcement this mainly concerns our electronics business."
That being said, Sony's pictures, music and game businesses in various parts of the world will be impacted - the firm looking to save 250 billion Yen. This remains small compared to the scale of the electronic cut-backs underway.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year