SCEE unimpacted by cuts at Sony HQ
Sony central has been announcing cut-backs this week, the firm revealing that jobs will be lost across all areas of the business as the firm looks to save over 250 million Euros - however, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe will not be effect, we hear.
European boss David Reeves had told staff that no jobs would be lost, and we're told "this is still the case, he has just sent a message to employees here to that effect," one insider told GI.biz.
"As was the case with the previous Sony restructuring announcement this mainly concerns our electronics business."
That being said, Sony's pictures, music and game businesses in various parts of the world will be impacted - the firm looking to save 250 billion Yen. This remains small compared to the scale of the electronic cut-backs underway.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto