SCEE unimpacted by cuts at Sony HQ
Sony central has been announcing cut-backs this week, the firm revealing that jobs will be lost across all areas of the business as the firm looks to save over 250 million Euros - however, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe will not be effect, we hear.
European boss David Reeves had told staff that no jobs would be lost, and we're told "this is still the case, he has just sent a message to employees here to that effect," one insider told GI.biz.
"As was the case with the previous Sony restructuring announcement this mainly concerns our electronics business."
That being said, Sony's pictures, music and game businesses in various parts of the world will be impacted - the firm looking to save 250 billion Yen. This remains small compared to the scale of the electronic cut-backs underway.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today