SCEE unimpacted by cuts at Sony HQ
Sony central has been announcing cut-backs this week, the firm revealing that jobs will be lost across all areas of the business as the firm looks to save over 250 million Euros - however, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe will not be effect, we hear.
European boss David Reeves had told staff that no jobs would be lost, and we're told "this is still the case, he has just sent a message to employees here to that effect," one insider told GI.biz.
"As was the case with the previous Sony restructuring announcement this mainly concerns our electronics business."
That being said, Sony's pictures, music and game businesses in various parts of the world will be impacted - the firm looking to save 250 billion Yen. This remains small compared to the scale of the electronic cut-backs underway.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network