PS3 and Wii get special YouTube service
Google have this week lifted the lid on special versions of their uber-popular YouTube video service, designed especially for the nuances of the Wii and PS3 consoles.
Wii and PS3 owners can get in on the video-viewing act by shooting to Youtube.com/tv using console web browsers, from where they will be offered an improved - simpler - interface, and larger, clearer text.
While the videos on offer are displayed in a larger window - helping our PS3 friends in particular we imagine - the clips are still the same files offered via the usual PC site, so you might find some clips look better than others (no happy-slapping jokes, please).
Apparently, it is also possible to make this tweaked version of YouTube happen on your PC (via Firefox), although I'm not sure why you'd want to bother in all honesty...
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week